45 Commando Re-deployment

T

tricky123

I heard on the news that 45 Commando are being re-deployed to Afghanistan.
Just wondering if anyone else had heard, because I never thought it had calmed down a lot there and they were sending troops home?

Marc

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No i don't think they are sending troops back to war. There might be discusions about the topic but i honistly think nothing will happen.

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
the war hasnt calmed down at all mate there was a lul in fighting over christmass but the taliban have launched their anual summer offensive..............

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
iraq well thats a different story

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I heard on the news that 45 Commando are being re-deployed to Afghanistan.
Just wondering if anyone else had heard, because I never thought it had calmed down a lot there and they were sending troops home?

Marc

Only troops that have come home are the Para's who unfortunately took a good number of casualties. 42 Commando are already in Afghanistan and 40 and 45 are on the way according to news feeds from the Royal Marine Website all for Op Herrick 9. This information has been available for months.

45 are going into Helmland Province to be the lead element of Battlegroup North, focussing on the Sangin area...Its not going to be a tea party out there for those commando's.

On my RMAD i was asked loads of questions relating to the next Royal Marine deployment, i would advise that people that are unsure as to what the Royal Marines are actually up to and actively doing, to go and read news feeds all over the web.