billybob123

Reaction score
Alright lads,
So I went for a run today to kick off my serious training regime, I ran 4k in 27 mins which isnt great but hey, its a start;)
At about the 4k mark I developed a sharp stabbing pain in my lower abdomen that made me call my run off and walk the rest holding my stomach.
You bet I'll be back tommorow!

cheers,

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
Agreed.

One of the things that they teach new medics is the phrase “When you hear hoofs, think horse, not zebra.”

In other words the odds are you experienced the more common diagnosis (stitch/muscle pull) than a rare, improbable one. Stay hydrated, warm up and cool down correctly and keep an eye on it.

billybob123

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a stitch...

Unless genuinely injured, just run through it
Agreed.

One of the things that they teach new medics is the phrase “When you hear hoofs, think horse, not zebra.”

In other words the odds are you experienced the more common diagnosis (stitch/muscle pull) than a rare, improbable one. Stay hydrated, warm up and cool down correctly and keep an eye on it.
Aye I think it was just a stitch, its fine now so no biggie.
feels good to start training though:cool:

The_Chief

Reaction score
Aye I think it was just a stitch, its fine now so no biggie.
feels good to start training though:cool:
In my experience you'll be able to run through it just fine but just not at 100% which can be a bit infuriating when trying to get a PR. Try warming up more and stretching more including the abdominal region, that helped me.

billybob123

Reaction score
In my experience you'll be able to run through it just fine but just not at 100% which can be a bit infuriating when trying to get a PR. Try warming up more and stretching more including the abdominal region, that helped me.
Thanks for the insight, will start stretching my abdomine!