5 Miler times, Whats your PB?

Cpt.Centurion

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I got 35 mins the first time i gave it a run for its money this week. was quite chuffed as I was expecting to get at least 45 mins. Went like a bat out of hell on the last half a mile and felt my lungs burning it was so great!

alfaholic

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My record is 32.15 but anything under 35 mins is a cracking pace as 7min/miles is the pace you need to be hitting really so 35 mins would be around 7min/mile

ross90rmc

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
32.50 something, first timed run in about 2 years the other day fell on my 5 miler day. That was the time. Plenty of work to still be done, bring my mile time down, then try and roll it out across the board for as many miles as possible.

Alfa is right though, anything under 35 is a good start.

gym beast

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
40 minutes *text deleted**. i was quite pleased with it too i've only ever done 1 and was more focused on making sure i finished it and didnt burn out too quickly so at least i had a benchmark to work from than putting in a really quick time so i think i can improve on the next one

jarhead

Reaction score
33:14 but strangely felt good, i think breathing the "correct" way is helping with the longer running as i know i and many other runners breath "chest" rather than "belly"..

fingers crossed and training keeps going well i can keep knocking off 1 min per month off my 5 mile times, so far come from 40mins down to this, hopefully 32:mins next month