6 Miler..

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just done a 6 mile run with no stops!.. Well chuffed with myself ive done 5 before done stop but didnt expect to do 6 non stop, But had my tunes on and at the end my best tune for running came on and i was like sprinting!.. Felt So damn good!!.. Really chuffed with myself.. 6 Miles is along way guys!, Might not sound it but is a *text deleted* loing way!.. Im pretty fooked now!..

Think my fitness and aerobic strength from my cycling has certainly given me a head start on my running, My aim is to get a 3 mile down to 15 Minutes, 5 Minute Miles, Pretty fast but sounds possible!, Imposable is nothing.. :saythat:

Good Stuff!

Sam

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
damn bro good work! I can only do a 3 miler none stop but i'm working so hard at it. It's my rest day today but i'm going swimming tonight still, no rest for the wicked :)

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
Rust,

What time did you do your 6 miler in *text deleted*??

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Fair play mate,
I also find distance really tough,
even after doing them a good few times,
don't find much improvement,
doing a 7.5 mile run tonight,
can just about do it without stopping,
but I feel like throwing up after about 6 miles.

Joe

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
Well in *text deleted*

Nice to feel yourself meeting personal targets...

I have had my (16kph) treadmill for a couple of weeks now and have done nothing but run..I can't wait to face the PTI and show him what fit really is *text deleted*...

I ran so long yesterday at ave speed of 14 kph, I managed a distance of (19.2 km / 12 miles in 1 hr 16 mins), after stopping my legs and arms/fingers tingled red hot really bad for a minute or so, and freaked me out a bit, when I woke up this morning, my lips were split to pieces like I'd ran across the desert, (they are still killing me and sooo dry!)
I can't really explain it but it feels like i've had a bath and used sandpaper on my face?!?! (think I overdid it a tad...)

Has this happened to anyone else???

Mavrick1664

Reaction score
alright lads, good to see the trainin's still goin down well, trainin's also *text deleted* along ok here but the runnin is startin to take its toll on my old legs, i'm not as young as i used 2 be,haha, just *text deleted* know who does any cyclin, and if it helps any, and what kinda distances and time 2 cycle and how hard *text deleted* workin as i never really cycle for trainin but *text deleted* give the legs a rest, cheers lads!

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
theres a few cyclists on this site, i no of one pro cyclist maybe two on here, but i cycle aswell mainly for fun but by the looks of things most peopl tend to cycle no less than 5 miles otherwise there is not much point *text deleted*
as for intesity your best of riding as fast as you can, resting for a bit and build the pace back up again. if you like its interval training on a bike, just start slow, work your way up and then rest after you have been going like a mad man for a while.

jimmy mal

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I too do alot of road cycling. I find the best way to cycle in training is to do about 20 miles but plan a route with a few tough hills in, keep the intensity up and the hills will act as the hard part of the cycle and on the flat will act as a rest. I did a killer last year. Ive been going on holiday to the french alpes for about 10 years now and its right where the tour de france come through. I decided to try and cycle up Alpe d'huez which is one of the mountains the tour goes up. 13km of constant uphill at a gradient of about 15% and 21 hair pin bends to the top. It *text deleted* killed me did it in 55mins like which is a decent time.

But as i said i find planning a route with a few killer hills in is the best way.

Jim

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey!...

Yup i cycle on a daily basis, Race Internationally etc so pretty experinced :rolleyes: Road Cycling and XC Mountain Biking., Depends on what cycling your thinking of doing, You can certainly benifit from just doing an easy cycle ride but if you wanted to up it a little more and make some big gains and only have maybe one day a week to ride the bike do some hill sprint reps, I Do these two times a week after a 3 hour ride just to add that hard bit to the ride, So what you do cycle to a hill which is under 18% and basically get your bike in a fairly big gear and just hammer the sh*t out of your bike for 30 seconds only 30 seconds dont need to do any longer than that then back down and recover for 1 minute then another 30 seconds do this 8 times and youll see what i mean!.. Very hard but good for building leg muscles up as your pushing a big gear and also aerobic strength beacause its *text deleted*ing damn hard :laugh: .. What bike you riding then mate??..

I Ride A Cervelo R3 SL (Frame) with custom kit on it, You ever heard of one of these??..

Sam

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Ok I really dont post often but this little gem made me chuckle.

I ran so long yesterday at ave speed of 14 kph, I managed a distance of (19.2 km / 12 miles in 1 hr 16 mins)

What I find astounding infact is you completed that on I assume the 29th of May? Are you Kenyan or something? Because not even a week ago, I remember the following;

I've been a bit worried about my PJFT as I've just bought a carl lewis treadmill (16kph max), and find even 15 kph really fast...
10 mins running at this speed seems very hard to me and I have kept jumping off before the time passes...

http://www.prmc.co.uk/showpost.php?p=23482&postcount=10

Either you've seriously underestimated yourself OR and I believe this is the more sensible reason, you just pulled those figures out of a bin somewhere.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ok I really dont post often but this little gem made me chuckle.

What I find astounding infact is you completed that on I assume the 29th of May? Are you Kenyan or something? Because not even a week ago, I remember the following;

http://www.prmc.co.uk/showpost.php?p=23482&postcount=10

Either you've seriously underestimated yourself OR and I believe this is the more sensible reason, you just pulled those figures out of a bin somewhere.

I'm pretty glad you don't post often, your coming across as a bit of a *text deleted*er. Was there any need to take a shot at Crackhour and attempt to start an argument?

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Hey Hey Guys!.. Lets not start an argument!, Im sure Crackhour will take it on the chin and laugh at it himself.. :laugh::laugh: ... I Do agree with Illustrious it is pretty funny tho.. Loz please watch your language there mate and lets all be nice to each other!.. Were all in the same boat here all want to be marine hopefuls so lets have a joke and laugh.. Come on guys don't get angry hes only stating a point which he fort was funny and worth posting... *text deleted*..

Sam

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Well said Rusty,
you're pretty mature for a 16 year old.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Well said Rusty,
you're pretty mature for a 16 year old.

Got to be done mate!, Dont want a mass war on the forum while Ninja is away do we!. :laugh::laugh: ..

Cheers mate im actually 15 but put Age 16 in my signature because im 16 on the 16th june which is soon so just put 16 so i don't have to change it when im 16 *text deleted*!, Yes im a lazy sod eh *text deleted*!

Sam

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Well you're really mature for a 15 year old then,
I'm 17 and my mates are 18 and still turn everything someone says into an innuendo and laugh at it,
very mature I know *text deleted*.

What you planning on doing after school?

Joe

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Loz, nothing to do with inciting an argument. I just find it funny that a week ago he could 10 for 10 minutes on a treatmill at 15kph and yet suddenly, at 14kph he can run for an hour and 20. Its a bit far fetched. I may have put it across in a "cockwaffle" way (cute word) but the point still stands.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fine 30 miler Recruit Training (RT) Chat 50
S 9 miler origin help Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site 17
Lurch 30 Miler Recruit Training (RT) Chat 37