6 months :(

TPrice

Reaction score
Hello PRMC.co.uk im a new memeber and this is my first post, so here goes.
Im very disapointed right now due to the fact that i failed my interview. And the interviewer didnt give me any helpful feedback on why... He hinted to my that my fitness was too low when i told him my times and distences that im doing.
When he asked for my 2.4km time i told him i can do 9:30 easily, but he said that isnt good enough and i should be aiming for 8:30
He asked about my 3mile time and i told him my time is about 24-25 minutes and he said i should be aiming for 18 minutes
He asked about my press ups and sit ups i told him that im doing about 45-50 press ups and about 60-70 sit ups. And at the end he told me i should be doing alot better and that im not ready for even a PJFT let alone a PRMC. But in my opinion with a few weeks training at least i could be maximising everything. And i acctually felt offended almost by how biased he was being towards me. And i made sure i was very polite and also well dressed. But at the end he was hinting mostly towards the fitness side of things is what failed me. Well at least i have 6 months to go balls to walls all out training to be ultimately prepered i guess.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ok, thats abit wierd them times are all in the allowances and are fairly good almsot good enough to pass PRMC. this just makes me think.

first impressions mean EVERYTHING:
was you chewing?
did you wear a suit?
any nasty tatoos on show?
swear at all?
and most of all
did you shake his hand?

oh and laugh at all his jokes?
no im kidding about that one but the ones above are true

TPrice

Reaction score
Yeah i made sure everything was in order, i wore a suit, i shook his hand didnt swear didnt chew and i dont have any tattoos to show *text deleted*. But i guess all i can do is wait til next time and hope my next interviewer isnt as biased.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
woah thats messed up..... ninja will know the answer and he will be posting up most def shortly as most of us are guessing, he works in recruitment hes sure to know. all i can say is if you are SURE he was overly biased... file a complaint?

mr_kiwi1

Reaction score
Thats certainly strange.
Those scores are fine for PRMC, who were you dealing with? Was he a Marine or a Navy SNCO/Officer?
I only ask (no offence to the Navy blokes) because mine was a bit odd towards me but I wont go into detail as its been sorted out

TPrice

Reaction score
He was a navy guy. But i think it could be me over reacting becuase he didnt know how much joining acctually means to me, BUT he really didnt give me any helpful feedback telling me what to work on and revise for next time.

TPrice

Reaction score
No it wasnt. But im planning on calling and asking the marine at my AFCO and ask for some clarification as to where i went wrong and what i acctually need to do for next time.

mr_kiwi1

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea, just explain that your a bit puzzled as you have done the research and the scores you have mentioned are perfectly acceptable even if its just for a PJFT.

But to cut you off before you even have a medical is a bit out of the ordinary

Wait...were you smoking crack during the interview?? I hear they frown on such things :roll:

TPrice

Reaction score
Damn i couldnt resist! *text deleted*, ok thanks for the help and advice. i think ill be posting on here alot more during the next 6 months.... *text deleted*

PhilB

Reaction score
I had exactly the same thing happen to me. Are you in the south east of england by any chance?

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
*text deleted*! GO TO ANOTHER AFCO MATE! and mention why you shifted from that particular recruiting office. Could be other things i suppose but dont listen to that fitness shite! of course you have to be fit but THEY bring you to the level of what he's saying. Go to another AFCO mate.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hello & welcome to the site, sorry to hear things have not got off as you would have hoped to begin with, but "chin-up" you've got 6 months to prepare. Far worse setbacks can happen once you have joined.

Generally speaking there are a lot of things that can go wrong at interview, not just fitness.

On the fitness side of things, the interviewer is looking for tangible evidence of an established level of fitness. Often people arrive, claiming magnificent physical preparation only to be taken at their word and found to be woefully inadequate at PJFT or PRMC- not suggesting you are but over the years people do try to tell porkies & they ALL get found out. If the individual is visibly overweight, or weighs much less than 60kg or has only opted for Royal Marine as a second choice, knows little or nothing about the Corps & what the training involves, then motivation is seriously questionable & proof will be needed of their physical ability.

If for example you are still at school or have not long left, we would expect to see in your national record of achievement, evidence of the level of fitness claimed & good reports from your PE teachers that you are a fit & keen sportsman. If you've never been a member of a sports team at school, never won any sports orientated certificates & do not appear to have been undertaking much fitness preparation over a sustained period, then evidence is required such as a fitness diary, membership of a running club, cycling club, football/rugby teams, or suchlike.

Below is a quote from the Stickies section of other possible reasons for not passing interview:

"There's one hell of a lot of reasons someone may be found unsuitable at interview, but it's worth emphasising that there's no such thing as a list of correct answers. The old adage: "You only get one chance to make a first impression" still apply.

I'll give a few examples which should be enough to get the gist.

Personally, you're not impressing me if you're late, unkempt, chewing gum or ill-prepared.

Other examples of possible grounds for an unsuccessful interview are as follows:

Insufficient determination to complete a course of training. (could
include ex-servicemen who have previously failed training)

A poor attitude to authority and the civil police and would rather
obstruct than help them to carry out their duties.

If the person is unwilling to work as indicated in poor school reports, job records
or references or if sacked from a number of jobs or has left without good
reason.

Not demonstrating the physical ability required for training.

Indifference to and no enthusiasm for his job.

Someone who has never lived away from home, has never experienced
being apart from their family and has given little thought to it.

No outside interests or activities.

Clear signs that he has failed to adapt to
changing circumstances or to cope with stress and it seems unlikely that this
has changed.

Had poor relationships with authority, May have had an extremely poor truancy record.

If likely to react adversely to Service discipline especially during
training.

Unspent offences.

Evidence of dishonesty, wilful disobedience or
law-breaking.

An ‘Undischarged’ Bankrupt.

If deliberately evasive during interview and it is felt that
information is being withheld ie: dishonest.

Contrary to what people may advise, honesty at interview is by far the best method. If someone has committed a transgression it would probably be viewed more favourably if they demonstrated remorse rather than indignation.

There's no hidden agenda, but if you're found to be economical with the truth, it is obviously not going to get you too many Brownie points.

Hopefully this will give you a very rough idea of what we seek."

It's rather irrelevant as to whether your interviewer is RN or RM as both are equally qualified. In my experience, the Royal Marine recruiters, if anything, expect even higher standards as they, better than anyone, know what is required, however we both (RN & RM), apply the same suitability criteria.

Gaz the "Taff" said:
GO TO ANOTHER AFCO MATE!

Unfortunately the decision cannot be overidden if you go to another AFCO.

Hope that helps give you an idea & the best advice I can offer is prove you can get over this setback by being 100% ready next time & asking if you may undertake a Royal Marines Acquaint Day (RMAD) to prove, without doubt, you have what it takes.

Good luck- remember we are not looking to recruit those that easily give up.

H00L3Y D4N

Reaction score
alrite mate, where bouts in east midlands are you? Im Nottingham, i had problems with my AFCO with one of the Navy guys, one is a right KNOB, the rest are good lads though.

TPrice

Reaction score
Im in leicester, but the navy guy who interviewed me. it said nottingham on it badge. he has black hair so it could be him?

H00L3Y D4N

Reaction score
nope grey hair, old begger, was he tall? that mans sound mate, i had no problems with him, if it was him that is. good luck next time mate, hope it goes better for you.

New Threads