6th Form Scholarship

tomdogz

Reaction score
I'm 15 and am thinking of applying for a 6th form scholarship. Would i have to complete a POC and AIB before entering 6th form, or applying?

Also, when you join the RM's, do you get a choice as to your preferred brigade, 40/42/45.

Thanks, Tom:kult::kult:

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You could pass them when you are 16, ensuring you get a scholarship for those two years in 6th Form. This however is extremely hard. You are required to get top rate scores at the POC and AIB, and something like two people a year get it.

As it has been said before, you can make a preference upon which unit to join, but ultimately the needs of the Corps will come first and you will placed where required.

Hope that helps.

TJ08

Reaction score
Im pretty sure you can do POC and AIB during 6th form. During L6th or U6th.
If you pass, they will provide the money at the end of the year...... im pretty sure thats what they told me.

I was going for an U6th scholarship. in fact probably still will.... (going to u6th next year).

Yer they said i could do it halfway throught the year. But i would check with your ACLO if you have been asigned one.

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* L6th means lower sixth form or yr 12 and U6th mean upper sitxth form or yr 13

TJ08

Reaction score
Yer thats it.
Sorry about that.. just what we use at school.