7 month wait

Kangarooj

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Got a call last week from AFCO after submitting my application, turns out after a few eligibility questions I need to be 12 months clear of surgery which i will be in April next year. My application has been put on hold now until then, bit of a pain and obviously I was gutted at the time. Onwards and upwards, more training and prep for me. :D

R

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Got a call last week from AFCO after submitting my application, turns out after a few eligibility questions I need to be 12 months clear of surgery which i will be in April next year. My application has been put on hold now until then, bit of a pain and obviously I was gutted at the time. Onwards and upwards, more training and prep for me. :D

More training time then, a 9 month wait as disheartening as it may be is much better than a complete show stopper! :cool:

Hyperhippo

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, chin up and keep positive! Set yourself small goals, ones that can be achieved in 1 - 1.5 months, work towards them smash them and the time will fly by.

Good luck

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The "average" applicant takes about 8 months test to entry...usually because they underestimate the phys level required. With a 7 month lead-in to passing the medical & PJFT, there's no reason why you cannot crack the rest of your selection within a month.

Good luck.