8 months

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
8 months `till the end of school, when I will be 16, have finished my education, and will be able to join the Royal Marines (as they say in Hot Fuzz, "this sh*t just got real") . So, what would be some good physical goals to achieve in this time period - what is the maximum I should do? Also, what sort of stuff could I do that would look good in an interview?

TheYeti

Reaction score
Maybe grow a muzzy and run everywhere for 8 months?

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i'm 16 but i don't feel ready yet.....im still trying to decide weather to go officer or not. Some of you on this site have called me imature,which i probably am so i aint *text deleted* go yet.
If you are realy eager you can start the application process at 15 and do your prmc while your at school...but i wouldn't do it until you can atleast grow a proper moustache

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
but i wouldn't do it until you can atleast grow a proper moustache

Well I'm 18 and it would take a good couple of months to grow a decent thick one.

And my brothers 20 and it would take him about 4 months to grow one.

So how long are we supposed to wait?

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
what i ment was dont go if you can't yet grow stubble or have got a bumfluff tache

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well your goal would be to get yourself to the physical standard and above. And get yourself to the AFCO asap, sooner rather than later.

mike webb

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i think that is the best advice. just go and speak to your AFCO they will sort you out with everything you need to know. but just start running, good distances, like 4 miles and more when u get your fitness up. push up and stuff like that. you might not be able to do many at first, but jst keep going at them, untill you can knock out 40-50 without too much trouble.

BUT DEFINATELY SPEAK TO YOUR LOCAL RECRUITMENT OFFICE BUDDY!

mike

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i think that is the best advice. just go and speak to your AFCO they will sort you out with everything you need to know. but just start running, good distances, like 4 miles and more when u get your fitness up. push up and stuff like that. you might not be able to do many at first, but jst keep going at them, untill you can knock out 40-50 without too much trouble.

BUT DEFINATELY SPEAK TO YOUR LOCAL RECRUITMENT OFFICE BUDDY!

mike

Will do mate, I didn't know whever or not it was kinda seen as wasting time if your not above the age, and I can do 60 pressups :D, I just need to work on my pullups, now if I could do the same amount of pullups as I could do pressups.....

Thanks

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
I can do 60 pressups :D

Those marine ones?
Fair play if they are,
I used to be able to do about 45 press ups,
but then when I decided I wanted to join the RM,
I started doing RM press ups and I could only do about 10,
works the triceps more,
instead of the chest.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know about what type, just lie down on the floor, feet together, putting hands on either side of me, pressing up till my arms are straight, bending my arms till my nose touches the floor again, while keeping my body straight. What are RM press-ups?

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
I don't know about what type, just lie down on the floor, feet together, putting hands on either side of me, pressing up till my arms are straight, bending my arms till my nose touches the floor again, while keeping my body straight. What are RM press-ups?

Your elbows need to stay tucked in,
so instead of you making a T shape when you bend your arms,
you need to keep your arms by your side.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You surprised me Peter, i thought u were a bit more savvy with the press ups and everything, after all you have been terrorising the forum for the past few months! *text deleted* But seriously get yourself to your AFCO and get it sorted out they will help you out with everything.

As for your fitness you want to be a complete beast when you get down there if you have that much time to train!! Do not over do it just make sure you can do all the requirements easily. :)

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Your elbows need to stay tucked in,
so instead of you making a T shape when you bend your arms,
you need to keep your arms by your side.
oh, will start doing those

You surprised me Peter, i thought u were a bit more savvy with the press ups and everything, after all you have been terrorising the forum for the past few months! *text deleted*
I ask the odd question and start a good topic every now and then and it has helped me a lot, other than that, I just hang around, so :thefinger: :P

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*! Seems your always on haha not got a problem with that just saying. So right back at ya :thefinger:

Well seriously though get yourself squared away man! Go down the AFCO and i am sure they will be very helpful to you, always gave me very sound advice.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not always on, it's just that I usually have a this site open in a browser tab, and I usually have the browser ope most of the time my computer is on :D

hughbrown

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not always on, it's just that I usually have a this site open in a browser tab, and I usually have the browser ope most of the time my computer is on :D

aye same here:weird: ITS A CONTHPIRTHY, RUN FOR YOUR LIFTH!!