Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

A blast from the past - This forum on the RM website

Discussion in 'Site Issues, News and Developments' started by Ninja_Stoker, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

• Like Like x 4
  2. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    While I understand that these sites can grow out of control I really don't get why the military in general do not support sites like this. The best potential Army recruits can do is ARRSE, hardly a 21st century aid to recruiting!

A couple of determined men to act as moderators and provide sage advice and job's a fish!

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Yeah the Army should really do one however I imagine a lot of inter regiment issues could come up e.g Paras against line infantry we arent the most favoured bunch

• Like Like x 1
  4. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

The Army has always had that problem everyone thinks their the finest Army unit in the entire British Army, and when different units come together it’s a recipe for disaster. Although I always loved a good scrap mind!! :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

As an aside, a few years ago a friend of mine had a short stay in Torbay Hospital. She was on a six-bed ward and I visited her a few times. There was a very elderly lady in a bed by the window and it was clear that she hadn't had any visitors.
    Spur of the moment, I picked up a small basket of flowers for her on one visit. She was very pleased and we got chatting about her past. She'd been a despatch rider for the RAF at the end of WW2 and I mentioned that my old pa had also been a DR in Royal Signals. Conversation then went something like this:

"You didn't do National Service did you young man?"
    "No, but I was in the Army as a youngster."
    "Ooh... that's nice. Which regiment?"
    "Parachute Regiment."
    [Long pause...]
    "What a bunch of bastards!"

Can't win 'em all, I guess. :(

• Hoofin Hoofin x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

She had a point, to be fair :D

Many of the female civilian population of Portsmouth & Plymouth hold the Navy in equal regard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1