A few questions

Point

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
I would worry about that too much buddy, as long as you pass the requirements then leave the rest the PTIs. You heights fine and im guessing your BMI is also. With regards to your kit, um just wait till you see some of the PTIs they are stacked so i am sure you wont be a problem.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hi Jason,

You need to be at least 151.5cm tall and weigh over 60Kg.

There are many as young as you of a similar height and that have passed Recruit training with kit that fits, but you MUST weigh over 60Kg (132lbs), regardless of height or you cannot be passed medically fit to join.

Good luck.

J

Jason_A

Thanks, guys. I guess I can gain some extra weight on over the summer -- any tips for it?

Shibby

Reaction score
one of the best ways of building muscle and bulk is weight training and eating everything in sight. If your training your body obviously going to be alot more efficient at burning calories at rest aswell as those you rip through trying to get fit enough for the marines. Eat, eat and eat, enjoy.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
45kg man, are you serious! For your height that's about.. 18.9BMI (18 us underweight) if you were 60kg that'd be 24.9BMI (25 is overweight *text deleted*). Don't worry about being small, you get taken the piss out of for having an accent, looking good, looking ugly, having nice hair, being ginger, being short, being tall, being fat, being thin and just about anything that relates to an individual so get used to the name Titch =P

Good luck putting weight on, it's going to be tough and 15kg is if you're determined going to take you around 4 months. Don't rush this, putting weight on fast can cause some problems so 4 months of mega food consumption and weight training with just a little bit of running (2, 3 times a week, too much running will burn fat and can also reduce muscle mass) should just about tick you over nicely and you'll be quite a big (as in muscular) b'tard at the end of it *text deleted*.

Hope all goes well for you Titch =P

Ash

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I guess I can gain some extra weight on over the summer -- any tips for it?
Yes: If you venture outdoors on a windy day, hold on to something heavy and carry lots of small change in your pockets.:smile:

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all, my names Jason and I'm 16 years old. I began taking an interest in the royal marines a few months back -- as I want to be out there, and not sitting on my backside and whatnot.

I have some questions, however. I'm currently 157cm tall and just over 100lbs. Now, I know this is tall enough -- but I feel I'd get ripped in for my height, and the kit probably won't fit me. Would this be the case? I mean, as there ever been anyone this tall to try and join, or even better actually completed the 32-week course? Probably not I bet.

Thanks...!

So you put on the extra 32lbs of weight then Jason? 100lbs is extremley skinny and not good. Hopefully you've put that weight on, but why a footballer and not a Royal Marines Commando?