A few Questions.

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am currently doing a course at my school where i get another GCSE in maths, but it is worth more than a GCSE, if that makes sense. Would this be counted towards the 5 C's-A*'s i need?

Also would i need to do maths or english in further education to get in as an officer?

Thanks.

jimmy mal

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
To be eligible for YO application you need 180 UCAS points on top of the required GCSE's, this means doing A-Levels or equivilant.

Jim

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, but does that mean i need to do english or maths in Uni or 6th form?

JSB

Reaction score
No, you can do which ever A-Levels you wish, it just means you need a C or above in the those subjects at GCSE.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I am currently doing a course at my school where i get another GCSE in maths, but it is worth more than a GCSE, if that makes sense. Would this be counted towards the 5 C's-A*'s i need?

Also would i need to do maths or english in further education to get in as an officer?

Thanks.

Beware courses that tell you GNVQ's or suchlike are "worth x amount of GCSE's" They aren't unfortunately. GCSE's are only worth GCSE's or Scottish equivalents. Double science GCSE counts as two GCSE's.

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I do hate this system. Maybe after being a gruesome dealer of death i shall b i education :)