A few questions..

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there, got a few questions for yous people :S at the moment im hoping to join the RM but unsure of the application procedure. Is the list below correct?

Fill out application.
Visit RM Office and they question me on why i want to join.
Basic Maths,English e.t.c test.
PRMC - 3 day training course
RT - The real thing the 32 week course.

Also im not exactly good at maths so im curious as to how hard the mathematic questions are on the Aptitude test. Last but not least...on the 32 week training how long are LWEL's?

Thanks

Loz

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

There's a Sticky in this Forum entitled (Link); How to join the Royal Marines which may assist.

You get a practice test booklet from your AFCO for the Recruiting Test.

Long Weekend Leave (LWEL) is usually from 16:00 on a friday to 07:45 on a monday, but be aware you don't get many weekends off during Recruit Training initially.

(As you are aware of the terminology, I suspect you already know the answers to the questions you have asked!)

Good luck

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the help matey :) I had an idea of the answers but was a little unsure and needed it clarifying, all is good now and i look forward to completing the application process.

Another question that has just popped into my head...How do holidays work within the RM once your in there?

Thanks

Loz

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Six weeks paid leave per year plus eight public holidays.

Generally, whilst in UK the Corps will try to give as much leave as practicably possible, you would hope to be off three weekends out of four after training.

For general queries, try: The Royal Maines website FAQs which give a definitive answer.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Oki cool :) thanks for your help ;)

Jaycee

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Whenever my son has had LWEL during training, the recruits have always had to return to CTC by about 8pm Sunday evening, so that they ready to start the next weeks training at the usual time Monday morning.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Yes, that sounds right Jaycee- particularly those traveling from afar as they do not want the Recruit arriving at Lympstone on the last possible train, having not had a proper night's sleep.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Yep I seem to remember as jaycee says, in training they ask for you to sign back in by 20:00 on the Sunday evening.

After training it's as ninja says and back in base for Monday morning.

GW

New Threads