A good book if interested in SBS...

recruit clements 1988

Reaction score
Heres a good book for any guys wanting to see what life in the SBS is really like. The guy who wrote is the youngest ever person to make it into special forces, he passed at the age of 19 straight from RM recruit training.
Really for £6 you really cant complain and its an absolute cracker of a read

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/278812/First-into-Action/Product.html

Its not got the gruesome details for "matters of security" but he pretty much tells you what the training was like and what life after training was like.
He also served in northern ireland with the armys 14th intelligence brigade...I enjoyed it loads. I reckon anyone with any interest in joining the Royal marines would like it too.
BUY IT, READ IT, LOVE IT :kult:

Rob Wallace

Reaction score
I agree, this book is very good... and actually is the inspiration behind my interest in the Marines.

Duncan Falconer seems to be quite a quality writer.

TM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i'll add it to the list of books bought as a result of recommendations from this site. cheers..

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
There have definately been people younger than 19 who have got into special forces,
I'm sure one of the original SAS was 16/17.

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Blackwater is also awesome read for SBS

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I really enjoyed First Into Action. Brilliant book *text deleted*

He has written a few fiction books if you're interested. I've only read The Protector, and that was alright, but you can see early on where the plot is going.

Jervis, have you got a link to the Blackwater book? Amazon throws up a book with the same title about a Mercenary army..Is that the one you mean?

atb

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry mate ment to get back to you. enjoy the book (the link has the correct book nice one)

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Wether or not you think its true, its still a good read.

New Threads