A-Level Predicament

RHMWolfFace

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if you could clarify something for me.

Right I got my A-Level results the other day and frankly they were a bit of a disaster (predicted ABC, got CCE) - this was because a number of reasons including my dad being severly ill (as a result i had to take on extra responsibilities as the man of the house etc), my revision was also non-existent. Anyway enough with the sob story. I still got into my insurance choice university wise. I would be grateful if you could answer these questions for me:

. Will the A-Level E and an AS C be counted points wise as well as the two (non-overlapping) A-Level Cs to the total of UCAS points? - please say if you want me to clarify this question.
. And if not will they take into account my condition at home whilst doing my A-Levels?

Ive done all the DofE awards and level 2 and 3 in I.T key skills as well as the A-Level C,C,E and the AS C, so basically want i want to know will i be able to apply as an officer with these?

I apologise if the clarity of this post is not perfect and would appreciate any feedback.

regards,

Tom

RHMWolfFace

Reaction score
cheers for your feedback mate, i had a panic that the E wouldnt count for some reason.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
To clarify:

You can only count AS level UCAS points if you did not take the subject to A2. (If you did, you can only count the A2 UCAS points)

Each contributing A level grade making-up the MINIMUM total of 180 UCAS points overall, must score OVER 45 UCAS points. Any individual score under 45 cannot be counted.

DofE awards, whilst an excellent indication of your personal skills & attributes, especially for Officer candidates, do not count toward academic eligibility for officer unfortunately.

For your IT Level 3, assuming it's BTEC, the following applies:

BTEC EQUIVALENCIES

Candidates offering BTEC Certificates and Diplomas, at level 3 and above, will now be accepted as satisfying the non-overlapping requirement, but the minimum acceptable standards for these qualifications are now as follows:

BTEC Certificate – Distinction, Merit
BTEC Diploma – Merit, Merit, Merit

Either way, you need to verify your eligibility with your ACLO.

Hope that helps & good luck.

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if you could clarify something for me.

Right I got my A-Level results the other day and frankly they were a bit of a disaster (predicted ABC, got CCE) - this was because a number of reasons including my dad being severly ill (as a result i had to take on extra responsibilities as the man of the house etc), my revision was also non-existent. Anyway enough with the sob story. I still got into my insurance choice university wise. I would be grateful if you could answer these questions for me:

. Will the A-Level E and an AS C be counted points wise as well as the two (non-overlapping) A-Level Cs to the total of UCAS points? - please say if you want me to clarify this question.
. And if not will they take into account my condition at home whilst doing my A-Levels?

Ive done all the DofE awards and level 2 and 3 in I.T key skills as well as the A-Level C,C,E and the AS C, so basically want i want to know will i be able to apply as an officer with these?

I apologise if the clarity of this post is not perfect and would appreciate any feedback.

regards,

Tom

I was in a similar situation mate, i ended up getting DDE after i was predicted BBB, had a medical issue and ended up messing up, so now i'm taking the year out to improve my Alevels and hopefully go to a uni that i'd like to go to and hopefully follow the officer route through the RMR.