Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

A-levels

Discussion in 'RM Officer questions' started by JaFrJh, Aug 21, 2017.

1. JaFrJh

JaFrJh New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi there everyone (becoming quite a regular thing this:D) was just wondering wether there were certain A-Levels that could be considered more helpful in being a YO?
    Cheers,
    Jack

2. ironandgrit

ironandgrit Member

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    I honestly don't think there's anything that would be more or less helpful as it's horses for courses mate. At POC/AIB they absolutely don't discriminate as long as you've got the required grades to be going for officer. For example I did a lot of essay based subjects when I was at College, but I know lads who are the complete other end of the spectrum and did maths, further maths and chemistry. I'll probably write a better essay but they smashed me about the park on rapid speed distance time calculations at AIB. All that matters is that you pass selection at the end of the day!

3. JaFrJh

JaFrJh New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Cheers mate I suppose as long as I can pass everything it doesn't matter what I do.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  4. Jaguar2187

Jaguar2187 Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Are recruiters likely to care if you've done a BTEC instead, if you're planning on becoming a YO?

5. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Id disagree with a levels not being more useful than others. I inagine an A level in art is not as useful as A level in history or english.
    Id say History English Maths are the best for yo. All opinion though

6. ironandgrit

ironandgrit Member

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    You'd be a wizard model maker though ;)

• Like Like x 1