AAS(steroids) and the royal marines

P

Prmcdaved

Hey guys,

Ive been body building for a while now and am up to 105kg in weight which is pretty big. I just finished a competion and at about 5-6% body fat. Even my obiques have striations in them. I really want to join the RM but have done a number of cycles of steroids before. Infact I still am on them. I also take HGH which is human growth hormone which again I am on.

Will I still be able to join the royal marines? Whats tests do they do for this? I hear its a pretty expensive test so maybe they do not do it.

I dont want to hear your views on the matter but whether I am barred from entry. Im going for an officer *text deleted* but am considering joining as a soldier.

Cheers

Dave D

M

MTW

yes it would be an imediate bar from entry if they found out you where on sterioids.....and if they found out...which they would in training or later on your would be dismised imediatly.....plus whats the point? they are going to make training even worse......and finaly your obviously an idiot....because your taking steriods.....but its also a complete contradiction to what the marines is all about......alot of hard work for not much recognision....where as you are trying to get maximum recognision without putting in the hard work.....

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
alot of hard work for not much recognision....where as you are trying to get maximum recognision without putting in the heard work.....
Hear Hear :iagree:

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive been body building for a while now and am up to 105kg in weight which is pretty big. I just finished a competion and at about 5-6% body fat. Even my obiques have striations in them. I really want to join the RM but have done a number of cycles of steroids before. Infact I still am on them. I also take HGH which is human growth hormone which again I am on.

Will I still be able to join the royal marines? Whats tests do they do for this? I hear its a pretty expensive test so maybe they do not do it.

I dont want to hear your views on the matter but whether I am barred from entry. Im going for an officer *text deleted* but am considering joining as a soldier.

Cheers

Dave D
Stop taking them and give it a year to get it all out of your system before you apply.

et-adams

Reaction score
Even if the RM allowed it, which they categorically don't, lugging a bodybuilt physique around RT is a nigh on impossible task.

Gazza_7

Reaction score
Stop taking them and give it a year to get it all out of your system before you apply.
Shouldn't have been taking them in the first place in my opinion :biggrin:

Not only do they make training worse but they can have bad side-effects on your mental health, etc. Anyone remember American wrestler Chris Benoit? Enough said :noworry:

P

Prmcdaved

MTW you are completly ignorant. Do your research first.

"alot of hardwork without much recognition". Have you any idea how hard I work? The main reason I take all this is so that I can be in the gym 7 days a week and train hard all the time without the risk of over training. Ever have days when you want to train but it will actually harm your progress? well that doesnt happen to me.

Completly ignorant to the maximum. Its sheep like you who jump on bandwagons that bring this world down. so please do your research and studies before giving a viewpoint.:flushed:

et-adams

Reaction score
(Ahem) ...... steroids can also cause violent mood swings and unnecessarily aggressive responses.

P

Prmcdaved

(Ahem) ...... steroids can also cause violent mood swings and unnecessarily aggressive responses.
says who? where are the sources?

Benoit would have done the same even if he didnt do steroids. Done jump on the media band wagon! I have tons of mates who have used for years and the only side effect are baldness(wont happen if you are not preselected to, it just speed it up) and testicular atrophy which return to size when you come off and have correct PCT.

I suggest you guys watch a film called: Bigger,Faster,Stronger. Its very informative and will get you a good base knowledge of steroids and what they do and the many types

M

MTW

MTW you are completly ignorant. Do your research first.

"alot of hardwork without much recognition". Have you any idea how hard I work? The main reason I take all this is so that I can be in the gym 7 days a week and train hard all the time without the risk of over training. Ever have days when you want to train but it will actually harm your progress? well that doesnt happen to me.

Completly ignorant to the maximum. Its sheep like you who jump on bandwagons that bring this world down. so please do your research and studies before giving a viewpoint.:flushed:
oh shut up mate, calling me ingnorant you *text deleted**text deleted**....yea i have done research, and still found it and utterly stupid thing to do, i have friends who do steroids, who are now complete *text deleted*ers as a result.....and yes you may put in the "hard work" (you probably dont *text deleted* the meaning of the word mate) but you would have to put in alot more hard work to build up a natural body....your the ignorant *text deleted**text deleted**...jumping on the sterioid bandwagon....and then using the "do your research" excuse that everyone who takes sterioids use to try and justify their actions......ive heard it all before mate give it a *text deleted**text deleted*in rest. at the end of the day your cheating....your taking drugs.....and your ruining your health, your body wouldnt last 5 minuits in training you may look "healthy" on the outside...but i guarantee your not on the inside. if they were fine for you they wouldnt be illegal mate.

there isnt alot of point you tyring to justify sterioids on here mate, your not going to get a positive response i guarantee.

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
MTW steroids DO NOT make it any easier! It jsut allows you to put even more effort in. I don't agree with it though.

OT: I don't believe it's a ban to have used them in the past but seriously don't do anymore cycles :P You'll need to be willing to lose a lot of muscle mass if your serious about joining as RT is mainly CV work and lugging around your bucket load of muscles isn't going to help!

et-adams

Reaction score
I'm convinced! Steroids are evidently a terrific idea. Nevertheless, you are NOT allowed to be on them. ALL branches of the military operate zero tolerance policy on illegal substances, drugs, steroids, 13 year old filipina virgins, etc. Even if they didn't take this stance, a bodybuilt physique is the opposite of the 'right stuff' for RT.

You'd do well to heed everyone's advice.

Gazza_7

Reaction score
Despite Chris Benoit’s high testosterone levels, medical experts warned against automatically assuming that steroids alone were responsible for Benoit’s alleged murder of his wife and son late last month before taking his own life in their Fayetteville home.

“You can’t tell if that’s it, but it’s probably the No. 1 suspect,” said Dr. John Xerogeanes, the chief of sports medicine at Emory University and the team orthopedic doctor at Georgia Tech.

:iagree:

M

MTW

MTW steroids DO NOT make it any easier! It jsut allows you to put even more effort in. I don't agree with it though.

OT: I don't believe it's a ban to have used them in the past but seriously don't do anymore cycles :P You'll need to be willing to lose a lot of muscle mass if your serious about joining as RT is mainly CV work and lugging around your bucket load of muscles isn't going to help!
yes they let you put more effort in....that you wouldnt be able to put in naturaly in one session.....so to get as big or as strong as you are on steroids you would have to train more....so theorecialy it is making it easier.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
says who? where are the sources?

Benoit would have done the same even if he didnt do steroids. Done jump on the media band wagon! I have tons of mates who have used for years and the only side effect are baldness(wont happen if you are not preselected to, it just speed it up) and testicular atrophy which return to size when you come off and have correct PCT.

I suggest you guys watch a film called: Bigger,Faster,Stronger. Its very informative and will get you a good base knowledge of steroids and what they do and the many types
Says many sources, as well as causing no end of medical problems.
Saying taking steroids isnt an easy thing, you are now able to work 7 days a week constantly.. someone on steroids would have a harder time reaching where you are, as they have left their body with its natural substances.

Your the wrong build for any branch of the forces in any case... plus, your mouthing off to someone in the forces right there.

P

Prmcdaved

Despite Chris Benoit’s high testosterone levels, medical experts warned against automatically assuming that steroids alone were responsible for Benoit’s alleged murder of his wife and son late last month before taking his own life in their Fayetteville home.

“You can’t tell if that’s it, but it’s probably the No. 1 suspect,” said Dr. John Xerogeanes, the chief of sports medicine at Emory University and the team orthopedic doctor at Georgia Tech.

:iagree:
“You can’t tell if that’s it, but it’s probably the No. 1 suspect,"

exactly, you can't tell and *text deleted* at "probably the no1 suspect,"

look, steroids are not going to kill you or make you do anything like kill your family.Any one seen Harold and Kumar when they see that Weed advert *text deleted* "Marajuana Kills".

So does anyone know for a fact weather or they test for steroids?

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
a few people i know have ruined relationships from taking roids, its jekyll and hyde stuff. One day there spot on, next day there wantin to fight someone for looking at them "the wrong way"