Ab workouts

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
im currently following a ab workout and it was working for me pretty well, until i got to the point where i was able to do it really well with little effort. but now when it comes increasing the reps im getting really bored. so i will write what i do below and if you guys can give any suggestions of extra exercises that wont bore me sensless like these are now then that would be great.

Sit ups - 30
Leg raises - 30 or i will draw the ABC's in the air with my feet and legs
Sit up twists - 30
Leg raises - 30 or i will draw the ABC's in the air with my feet and legs
Crunchies - 30
Plank - 30 seconds

all of these are done with strict form and if i dont do one right then i wont count it. i personally get very bored when i get to 40 reps so thats why they are so low

any help would be great.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
This website is all you need: http://www.fullfitness.net/abs.html, you'll have to sift out the weight exercises for the non-weight exercises but that's easy enough. If you've got a Swiss Ball even better because they have a good selection there. I wouldn't advise doing the Oblique V-Up unless you're extremely confident with the technique you have to do, because my friend ripped his internal oblique and couldn't get out of bed for 3 weeks.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
ahh just what i needed cheers

Gtlaau

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
download a book called legendary abs. you should find it on the net.
its not very big maybe 25 pages or so. dont read it just skip to the end and do the workouts. dont comment on how easy it looks until you try a workout.
there are nine levels. start at level 5 or 6 if you are not fit.
workout takes less then 6 or 7 minutes. it will kick your arse.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
not as of yet. will do tomorrow or wednesday as its the next time i have avaliable to train unfortunatly

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Just did the level 7 and found it easy (and yes my form was perfect!) I don't think there's enough reps to be honest.

Gtlaau

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well all i can say is that it is a good workout
For how long it takes.

Try level 9 if you like.
Or do two workouts back to back

If it is still easy you are a beast with bullet proof abs :)

Good work mate