About me and Hello everyone

Necki

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

just joined the site and thought I'd better go an about me.

So err, Hi my names Carl (but all my mates call me necki (long story to that...))
so call me what u please.

I currently studying Public Services(BTEC), Psychology (AS) and ECDL (computer course) at a Southampton college. Im hoping to join as an officer when I finish college probably in the year 2010.
Ive been considering the Royal Marines for at least 6months now, and believe it would be a great thing to do with my life.

This is staring to get long now, so feel free to ask any questions you wish to know about me :cheesy:

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hello mate,

welcome to the site nice to see your planning ahead!:kult:

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
welcome to the site :)

join in as much as you can !

and good luck in the future...

:blink1:

Necki

Reaction score
thanks a bunch for the welcome everyone

In case anyone was wondering what the course "Public Services" is then I'll explain. Its basically a bit like cadets but is run by the college and when you complete each year you get a BTEC qualification in "Public Services." It's supposed to be preparation for entry into any of the services/forces (army/RN/RM/ambulance/Fire Service/Police Force)

So each Tuesday we're out running usually. Honestly is good fun and hopefully will be good practice/preparation for joining the RM. Theres loads of coursework, covering all kind of subjects such as fitness (physical preparation), leadership styles/applications, and we have also started learning how to march properly and 'do' drill. Also every time you're late or being a gobsh*text deleted*e towards the teachers you'll be doing around 5 press ups each minute you're late or 20plus for other bad behavior, the alternative punishments include running to "the tree," which is about 100m away from our classroom and back.

The teachers are pretty cool as we have an ex-army/para(S/Sgt) PTI for our fitness, and an ex ambulance (+ police I think) and current St. Johns Ambulance guy, and another guy which teaches most of the boring subjects like government&politics etc.

anyways this post is getting long, so thats enough.

spiderman

Reaction score
Jesus when I done public services it was just a couple of visits to police and fire stations and tons of coursewore. No phys or marching or army or rm input what so ever!! You have it good.

mike webb

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
welcome to the family buddy!

good to see your getting yourself set up for a careers in the corps. if your looking for an 2010 entry, i would apply early next year, as these things take time to get through. at the same time, start your own personal training, it might sound silly starting this early, but the fitter you are the better, especially considering that although 2010 sounds a long way off, you could well be doing your poc in 2009, so starting to prepare now is a good idea!

mike