achy knees

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
ok guys for some reason my knees hurt like *text deleted**text deleted* wenever i try to stand back up from kneeling down n sometimes they kill wen i go for a run......im only 16 *text deleted* n i feel like n old man...ny1 know whats causing this

hazza190

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I got the exact same thing as you and I'm younger!
Well anyway I asked me doc and she didnt help much but she said it might be something to do with growing pains like the muscles not keeping up with the bones.
But she told me to do this:
Sit on a chair or something sit upstraight and put you body into a 'L' shape. like holding your legs straight and that should help. Because it stretches the muscles. Do it for like 2 minutes or so everyday.
Hope it helps a bit.

Beret

Reaction score
I get it sometimes when i stand up after kneeling but i never get it from running or any sort of sports. I was told its just growing pains aswell.

Dont sweat about it mate.

Edd

Reaction score
I have it *text deleted*, after a run or swimming, they really hurt and ache

kinda worried since PRMC is on tues 2nd.

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Drink plenty of cod liver oil and take vitamin B tablets.

Doing plenty of lunges and squats builds the muscles around your knee and makes your knees feel a lot stronger and more stable. Trust me, I've been through it all.

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
My knees are like this aswell I got told to do that L shape stress position thing too and I got told to stand up straight and go on tip toes then back down again and reapeat a few times

Think I might try some cod liver oil and vit B thanks

edit: not sure if I was told to go straight up on toes then go down and lift toes up or not

mike webb

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
ok guys for some reason my knees hurt like *text deleted**text deleted* wenever i try to stand back up from kneeling down n sometimes they kill wen i go for a run......im only 16 *text deleted* n i feel like n old man...ny1 know whats causing this

do you do a lot of running? could be impact bruising on the knee... jst where the joint/bone/all that *text deleted**text deleted* in the knee area is *text deleted* a litle battered wen u go for a run? might be that u need better/ new trainers with better shock absorbtion? i've got this at the moment, jst need to rest it. dont matter how old u r, tis especially bad if u do a lot of road running. the best thing would be to go see a sports physio, only like 35 quid a session, and he will most likely be able to give u some easy advice to avoid it in the future.

mike

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
borneboy my knees Common Training Injuries 16
borneboy My Knees #2 Common Training Injuries 5
borneboy My Knees Common Training Injuries 12