Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Acid reflux / Omeprazole

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by stoic_phys, Jun 29, 2020.

1. stoic_phys

stoic_phys Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hi just wondering if acid reflux will be a problem with AFCO/Medical.
    Already passed medical (with a past case of acid reflux/omeprazole) but GP is going to prescribe me some omeprazole again as I am currently suffering from it again.
    I was due to start RT but got injured so just waiting for a date.
    Will this be a problem when I disclose to AFCO? Can't seen anything in the medical files against acid reflux but would like some advice.
    Cheers.

2. stoic_phys

stoic_phys Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    @The guide might be your area of expertise?
    Cheers

3. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

First off , it is something you do have to inform your AFCO about as per the post interview caution, This is a difficult one to give a direct answer on and will likely require a review by Service Medical cell guys and much may depend on its perceived severity , Your diet at CTC is not ideal as food is eaten in haste and the chop over to rations often upsets guys guts! So entry while on omperaze is not ideal and very likely the Dr,s won't be keen on you be g the in basic training. You are simply going to have to inform your AFCO and role with the punches on this one

• Like Like x 2
  4. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

If you were not suffering from acid reflux before joining CTC, the chances are you would be in later life! I suffer from it and all due to having to eat every meal during my time at CTC at 90 mph! No such thing as leisurely dining!

Gaviscon and Omeprazole are never far from me!

Alan

• Like Like x 1