Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. that guy 27

that guy 27 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Just letting anyone who may find this useful. I've found using "benzac ac 5%" very effective at clearing acne.

They also do a 2.5% which they recommend trying first.
    Both are an over the counter cream so shouldn't have any effect on medicals.

Would I be allowed to take the 2.5% to training? Or what happens if the acne starts coming back during training?

2. allye

allye Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    You can’t self medicate during training, even prescribed drugs have to be handed in and sometimes changed by the medics on site to suit training.

3. that guy 27

that guy 27 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Oh so what happens if acne appears during training?

4. dolly

dolly New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    You're backtrooped I believe and sent to Hunter while you take a course of anti-biotics...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

5. Henry20

Henry20 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    what do they classic as acne then

6. that guy 27

that guy 27 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Ah not too bad then.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe its 3 or 4 spots on your back/shoulders and same on face.

Be careful with getting prescribed treatment from your gp though as you can have to wait 3 months after it was last taken to pass the medical