Acquaint day coming up

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have my acquaint day on 11th December, which is sooner than I thought. I submitted my application early in November, thinking it would be 3 or 4 months until I got to the PRMC stage. At the interview I was told if I passed the acquaint day I could be looking at a PRMC around the middle of January.

Now I haven't been training properly for too long (coming on 7 weeks). At the start I was an unfit mess, but I'm now improving every week, however I'm still unsure about the acquaint day. I was told depending on how well I do I'll either be given a PRMC date or asked to come to another AD in the future. I was also told that they wouldnt be expecting a full PRMC performance, as there would be a few between the acquaint day and the actual PRMC. What I want to know is how far this goes.

So the usual PRMC schedule applies, a 3 mile run followed by gym tests and a bleep test. I reckon I should manage the 3 mile run and the bleep test, but what's worrying me is my upper body strength right now.

Say I put my absolute all into it, does anyone have any idea what I should get away with when it comes to push-ups, sit-ups and pull-ups? After such a heavy run I'm worried I'll barely be able to push past 30 press-ups and possibly 50 sit-ups. Pull-ups will probably be even worse, I'm still having trouble with those at the gym.

will

Reaction score
u can choose your own date for your prmc wen u are feeling fit. but as prees up wise if u show u are really determend and never give in even if u wnt to i think this will impress who evers dwn ther

will

robj

Reaction score
i had my acquaint day on the 20th of november in birmingham and it was a great day, i'd definately say go on it regardless of how fit/unfit you think you are! as for pressups/situps i managed 45 odd pressups but messed up on situps (went off to quickly) and only managed 55 and scored 'adequate' for both. either way you definately have plenty of time to recover between the assesments. we did the 3 miler first thing, then after lunch the bleep test followed by pressups, situps and pull ups.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Mackie,

As stated, it's just to let you guage where you are in your preparations for PRMC, so don't worry unduly.

Incidently, looking at your signature block: you'll need to be passed fit at your medical on 29th November (Tomorrow) before you may attend RMAD.

Enjoy!