Actor Rupert Everett To Join Marines - The Spoof (satire)

Srew

Reaction score
Rupert Everett calls soldiers 'wimps'

Just seen this on MOD Oracle:
http://www.modoracle.com/news/Soldiers-are-Wimps_15857.html

Couldn't see it on the news section so I thought I'd stick it on here. What a *text deleted**text deleted*, he can hardly comment not only has he never served in the forces, he's a poof. (not that I have anything against gays, before I get aload of abuse):smile1:

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

Couldn't see it on the news section so I thought I'd stick it on here. What a *text deleted**text deleted*, he can hardly comment not only has he never served in the forces, he's a poof. (not that I have anything against gays, before I get aload of abuse):smile1:

bugger me, what a *text deleted**text deleted*...

lets stick him out there and see if he "whines" just a little bit ....

P r i c k!

S

Sotiris

:blink:

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

I love the part "ex army cadet"...ooooo.

I think he's confusing pilots with soldiers :laugh:.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Never heard of him, that's about the best thing I can say about him.

S

Sotiris

Sorry forgot to add:

“The whole point of being in the Army is wanting to get killed, to test yourself to the limits."

The second half of that statement is perhaps true...the first????

As a great man once said:

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make to other son of a bitch die for his".

Everett is slightly deluded...obviously trying to grab some tabloid space.

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
I imagine his comments were made far away from the earshot of the soldierly types, they being prone to violence...

Trademark

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well he is on my "top ten people to teach a lesson list"

Srew

Reaction score
He's on tv tonight what a *text deleted**. I shall be writing into points of view.....

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

Couldn't see it on the news section so I thought I'd stick it on here. What a *text deleted**text deleted*, he can hardly comment not only has he never served in the forces, [b
he's a poof. (not that I have anything against gays, before I get aload of abuse):smile1:[/b]

And that's relevant how? :rolleyes: (no homo)

I can kind of see what he's saying though but it's probably different from the soldiers view when they're in a warzone.

champ

Reaction score
nothing worse than hearing people whinge about whinging.... Especially since its the media that makes a big deal about how dangerous it is, not the servicemen themselves.

Srew

Reaction score
And that's relevant how? :rolleyes: (no homo)

I can kind of see what he's saying though but it's probably different from the soldiers view when they're in a warzone.

Um, I think you'll find he is.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
He should go over there before making assumptions.

That's why I respect Ross Kemp,
he went over there,
he could have got killed,
and he wanted to show people what was going on,
he pissed himself,
he cried,
this is Ross Kemp!

And now all he has is respect and admiration for British troops.

Joe

Srew

Reaction score
Well the fact that you put (no homo) suggested to me that you were saying that he wasn't gay:frown:. And secondly like I said quite clearly before I hold nothing against gay people, I have gay colleges and friends yet he's whinging about brave blokes risking there lives like some queer little school girl, and I'd rather like to chin the *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**.

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
Plus, the guy is talking bollocks. Every soldier ever is afraid of death, and probably has 'whinged' about the danger. The fact that they overcome that and do their jobs is what makes them brave; what this guy describes is a lunatic with a death-wish. There's no way in Hell I want to be near a guy that is "wanting to get killed."

"Now you have to fly 15,000ft above the war zone to avoid getting hit." What does he suggest, we all line up and fight gentlemanly duels? War is war - the safer our guys are, the better. This guy has now replaced Peter Hitchens as number one on my hate list.

Srew

Reaction score
Plus, the guy is talking bollocks. Every soldier ever is afraid of death, and probably has 'whinged' about the danger. The fact that they overcome that and do their jobs is what makes them brave; what this guy describes is a lunatic with a death-wish. There's no way in Hell I want to be near a guy that is "wanting to get killed."

"Now you have to fly 15,000ft above the war zone to avoid getting hit." What does he suggest, we all line up and fight gentlemanly duels? War is war - the safer our guys are, the better. This guy has now replaced Peter Hitchens as number one on my hate list.

:iagree:

Maybe he should go out there himselve. It would give me a laugh watching him cry.

ChrisC

Reaction score
He's right about modern soldiers being further from the battlefield. It's nothing to do with bravery though, it's just an effect of modern technology.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well the fact that you put (no homo) suggested to me that you were saying that he wasn't gay:frown:. And secondly like I said quite clearly before I hold nothing against gay people, I have gay colleges and friends yet he's whinging about brave blokes risking there lives like some queer little school girl, and I'd rather like to chin the *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**.

The (no homo) was to imply that i'm not gay, incase one thought that from my post. I just don't see what difference it makes whether he's gay or not. If you have nothing against them etc etc then there was no need to bring it up, right?