aditional kit for RT

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i understand the aditional kit list has been deleted from stickies, because they dont want to to take masses of kit, but ive got a torch and lighter etc etc as stated in the recruit hand book, but is there any other little bits that you would suggest taking? cheers.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Your training team will tell you as and when you need any extra kit for exercises etc and you will have time to go to the NAFFI or into exeter to get it so I wouldn't worry too much.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Where the fook do I buy trouser twists ????

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Do I have to buy it from the internet, I really cant be bothered setting up a e-bay account

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
are we allowed watches, cant ever imagine going a day without having a watch on, ive been driving to work before and turned my van around to go home and get my watch when ive forgotten it.

thinking of buying myself little pressie befoe i go in, was looking at getting one of these
http://www.silvermans.co.uk/Product...ON+DATED+ISSUE+WATCH/ItemId/2306/Default.aspx

anyone else getting watch for rt or anyone whos been in before know if its a good idea.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you can get trouser twists from the spar at CTCRM.

You do need a watch. Cheap is normally good as it doesn't matter if you break it.

nichol

Reaction score
beware "the kit shop"

when it comes to buying the extra kit your training team tell you to go and buy, don't do what most people do (and pretty much my whole troop), rush straight down to "the kit shop" because its well expensive and if you tart at the top of the town you can buy most of the things you need alot cheaper, if you do buy from the kit shop, hide the bag because all the senior recruits will laugh at the fact you went there *text deleted*

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
trouser twists, boot brushes, polish, nail brush etc can be bought from the naafi or kit shop or pretty much the standard price.

Something that pissed me of when I started Army basic was that we were all told to buy 6 trouser hangers and 12 coat hangers to bring with us to basic. BUT when we were in our rooms we were told all our lockers had to be IDENTICAL, and obviously all our hangers were different so we all had to go to the kit shop and buy them all over again.

However, contrary to the 'all lockers have to be IDENTICAL' policy, we all had different toothbrushes, soap dishes, soap, razors, and a few other things so I think it was just someone being a c0ck!

Re-Join 832tp

Reaction score
You had better get a watch before you go to Rt mate. When I was last at Lympstone they made all the troop buy one if they didnt have one. Most of the *text deleted**text deleted*s went straight to the "kit shop" (like nichol said) and got robbed,*text deleted*. I found that the casio g-shock is a real good watch for training, it can easily take the beastings and its very hard to break. They arent too expensive either.

You pass your PRMC commandoj?

Feza685

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
RT Kit

Has anyone got any tips for extra kit to take with them for Recruit Training?

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Small square mirror for when in field for the morning routine

Plenty of Zinc oxide tape for blister hotspots on feet.

Good quality waterproof re sealable bags.

Needle set and threads with black and green coloured thread.

Good iron!

ncfc_crazyuk

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Small tub of shaving oil for the field.
*text deleted**text deleted** load of bic razors for the field.
Small first aid kit.
Uncented soap.
Loads of shampoo/shower gel.
Loads of boot polish, and a couple of tubs of kiwi parade gloss (for drill boots).
A few pens.
A few a5 note pads.
A waterproof note pad.
3/4 glode and laurels (for folding your clothes with).
A decent head torch but make sure it is either red light or can turn into read light.
Whatever your booklet says... anymore ask...

C

CharlieDontSurf

What I need for RT

Lads, obviously got a list from the Navy on what to take to RT with me but they just list the basics, anyone got any idea's on what to take which isn't listed down?

Say like when you spend overnight on the field, they haven't listed anything that would be suitable for that.. like they haven't said disposable razors etc. Also they have not noted down stuff like waterproof bags for the overnight field stuff etc

How much should I be spending on a steam iron?

Thanks lads

stevewwfc

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i dont have a scooby mate ,
but good luck anyway fella

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The first night in the field is in the 2nd week. Most things are sold in the NAAFI so you can just get them from there. I should'nt worry about extra kit like that until you get down there.

As for an iron, no more than 30/40 quid. Make sure its a good quality steam iron.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
A few towels i've been told :amuse: