Advice for ROP

Inked rose

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just a quick post in regards to the current ROP. I’m towards the end of the first week and have some advice for people coming down soon.
Im currently on the ward due to sustaining an ankle infection. This was sustained from a simple blister. The blister became infected in the showers then swelled up. As a result I could be back trooped to the troop after Easter.
Make sure lads you bring down blister plasters and look after any cuts well. Another lad on the ward has a leg infection from a simple cut that got infected on exercise due to mud.It’s a common thing for lads to get infections down here.

Another thing I advise is bring down foam rollers, medical tape, and defo an ironing board. I got to ROP and had to wait around 3 days before the sergeant bought a load from BNM but some lads didn’t get one. For the first days we had to iron all bed sheets and had to share boards which delayed us. Things like foam rollers are crucial as on some days it’s PT after PT so helps at Night to remove as much lactic acid as you can and stretch.
Any questions lads got about prep I’m here to help.Good luck to all lads on the application and waiting stages.

mumoffourboys

Reaction score
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Hopefully get to speak to my Nod soon to pass on your advice and perhaps send anything he now wishes he'd packed. Wishing you a speedy recovery and fingers crossed you get to stay with the Troop and finish ROP

ODB

Reaction score
What is the Phys like? What sort of sessions have you been doing?

Bigbro

Reaction score
Uh, please can you help me with a breakdown of what happens in ROP for the 4 weeks? Week by week. Thanks

Chelonian

Reaction score
Uh, please can you help me with a breakdown of what happens in ROP for the 4 weeks? Week by week.
A very basic overview in the PDF linked below. Be aware that ROP/RT constantly evolves and it should not be assumed that all published information is either accurate or current.

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Uh, please can you help me with a breakdown of what happens in ROP for the 4 weeks? Week by week. Thanks

Dont worry too much about the detail but you'll be doing drill, phys, learning how to live in the military and take care of your kit, basic weapons handling and then learning how to live in the field on exercise. All very basic and progressive

New Threads