Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Advice-ideas?

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Nurse75, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Nurse75

Nurse75 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi all as you all aware my nod was discharged NFA??? Temporary medically unfit. Due to not completeing first 2 weeks so couldnt go into hunter.
    He is now back fully fit blood tests are normal Ultrasound scan was normal.
    He is waiting to hear back from his AFCo
    Any idea what or how much or all of the joining process he will have to do again?
    Tia x

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

It'll depend almost entirely on medical suitability to re-enter. Approval to be processed to re-enter can be turned-around in less than 4 weeks.

The Senior Medical Officer (Service Entries) will state whether or not the medical criteria is met or whether there's a mandated recovery period to ensure he's fully recovered. A training diary from the outset = good.

Ultimately your local AFCO will be best placed to advise on the selection elements that need to be repeated prior to re-entry but my guess is not many will need repeating.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Nurse75

Nurse75 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Thank u he had enlarged spleen probably due to glandular fever. No pain nothing know so hopefully a quick turn around

• Like Like x 1
  4. physiomum

physiomum Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi @Nurse75 so glad your boy’s ok now must be a relief but very frustrating so I hope he’s back in a troop as soon as possible and reapplication is a pain free process x

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. wes3

wes3 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    So glad your lad is ok xx hope it all goes smoothly for you all x