Advice needed

Rugbyguy

Reaction score
Good morning,

Just looking for a bit of advice, I’m applying for the RMR but I’m concerned about repeated sprains to my left ankle. Its never been broken but I have had a couple of torn ligaments. Will this totally bar me for Service or will I be made TMU? I have all my medical records and a training diary to show that I’m able to do strenuous physical activity without pain or inflammation. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Cheers

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
As long as you are fully recovered, treatment-free, surgery free and have a rigorous training diary covering a period of several months (the longer the better) and no recent recurrence for 12 months or more, you should have every chance of meeting the standard for entry. Hopefully.

Rugbyguy

Reaction score
Many thanks for your reply ninja, the last injury I had was 7 months ago whilst serving for an emergency service.

Would you advise that I still apply now even tho I’m not over my full 12 month of the last injury?

jrctm

Reaction score
I had the same problems when I was younger but a 2-4 year gap of ankle sprain to getting to the medical and they still made me TMU and required the the exercise diary

Rugbyguy

Reaction score
How long was your exercise diary and did you pass the medical with your ankle issues?

G_commando

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Even for the reserves it definitely not advisable to going in to rmr training with an injury. if you get injured and cant continue training you will have to wait a year to re-join training. if you find out when the next intake is for your local one you might have enough time.

New Threads