Advice needed

mmauk123

Reaction score
Alright lads, ive applied for the Rmr because i am at uni but eventually want to go full time when i finish uni. Selection intake starts next September, this is when my final year of uni starts. Hypethetically if i finished the rmr course i would have just finished uni aswell by which stage i would be wanting to apply for full time.

Is there any point in doing the rmr at this stage?

Can you apply for officer if you dont have good enough a-levels but have a degree?

I also heard that if you passed as an rmr then you could apply for officer after despite your acedemic qualifications, is this true?

Any advice would be greatly appriciated, as i am not sure how to go about this.

Thanks

kit-kat-man

Reaction score
i think it takes about 2-3 years to get ya green beret in the RMR so you would finish uni way before you get your lid but i could be wrong.
but good luck what ever u do :shakehands:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Alright lads, ive applied for the Rmr because i am at uni but eventually want to go full time when i finish uni. Selection intake starts next September, this is when my final year of uni starts. Hypethetically if i finished the rmr course i would have just finished uni aswell by which stage i would be wanting to apply for full time.

Is there any point in doing the rmr at this stage?

Can you apply for officer if you dont have good enough a-levels but have a degree?

I also heard that if you passed as an rmr then you could apply for officer after despite your acedemic qualifications, is this true?

Any advice would be greatly appriciated, as i am not sure how to go about this.

Thanks

Sorry, missed the post.

Unfortunately you need the GCSE's & UCAS points at A2 standard whether you have a degree or otherwise if you wish to join as a regular direct entry officer. (You cannot join as an RMR Officer unless you are already a trained RM Officer)

You need a minimum of 5 GCSE's A*-C to apply for a Corps Commission, having completed at least phase 1b RMR training.

It takes on average 12-18 months to gain your green beret as RMR Other Rank. Even if you gain your beret, if you successfully pass RM Officer selection, you start training in a blue beret, the same as all the other Young Officers.