Advice please!

luke132

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi ive been in traning for a little while now and have got my 3 miler down to 23mins on the road.
My press ups up to 35 and sit ups and at 80 aswell as chin ups at 6.
I was just wondering how long should i wait until i put all of my forms in because i dont want to fail the PJFT or PRMC any advice welcome.
*text deleted* in advance.

C

cujo

personally i would hand the forms in as soon as you can, them scores aren't all that bad, they may not be within the required time or amount but it will be atleast a couple of mounths before you have your pjft let alone prmc! if your training 4-5 times a week ish and putting in 100% then you will easily be fit enough for it when it comes down to it.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Luke.

If you are eligible to apply now and want to join sooner rather than later, then apply now- your level of fitness and technique will be discussed at interview. You are not necessarily expected to be 100% ready to undergo PRMC from the outset, but the better prepared, the quicker the application can run.

Best of luck.

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
HI lads I'm in a similar boat to luke132 but I suck at running on a treadmill and I cant never get close to the time, however on the road its seems a shed load easier, is there any alternative (to the treadmill) or can anyone advice me on improving my treadmill running? cheers!

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I just look at the actual treadmill spinning infront of me, like just where its coming round...the beginning bit i spose you could call it. Or look in the window at your feet hitting the treadmill. But to be honest you'll be able do it yourself when the push comes to shove on the day.

Good luck.

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I guess your right its just so rubbish doing at the moment, oh can you have a mp3 player with you when you do the test? Or do they MAKE you suffer even more, if so I might ditch the mp3 and get used to running in complete silence now!

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Na dont have your mp3, the supervise you the whole time, telling you "your on course for the time" etc. He also tells you what speed the minimum is etc.

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cool cheers dude. that's one more thing to get sorted out...... me a the treadmills will be best of buddies by this time next week then! oh the joys!

what is someone's signature: "Pain is temporary a green beret is forever!"

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Some nobber actualy had something like "pain is temorary, quiting is forever" on this site. One to regret when your older and going through training.

luke132

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cheers for all the help guys im *text deleted* probably hand in all the papers after xmas as i just want to feel in myself that im am definately going to be ready for it.

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hand them in now for God's sake! It will take forever for the selection process to go through! Stop panze-ing (the hell = pan-ze-ing) about and get the ball rolling. Your results are ok and will be good for when it comes round for prmc.

kit-kat-man

Reaction score
yea hand in the forms now if u still dont think you are ready further down the road (like after PJFT) then u can choose when u do your PRMC they dont make you do it at any certain time
and your results r ok but with the pressure of everything on the day u will do more

New Threads