advice

Jask1982

Reaction score
hello lads, for the past 4 days when ever i put alot of pressure for example running i get a sharp pain in my hamstring going up to my groin. this sound serious?? got me pjft test on the 19th of this month aswell

never pulled my muscle in my life so dunno what it feels like *text deleted*

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
ok is it painfull and tight if it is painfull and tight its just a strain ushally (im not a doc just my own exsperiance) i have pulled my hamstring once and it took around 3 days to fully heal it all depends on how bad it is try stretching the muscle alot and stuff

Jask1982

Reaction score
it doesn't feel tight just painfull, i've been doing stretch too

Aussie89

Reaction score
can you still run? if you can still run its most likley a strain but if its a pull then you would probobly be struggling to walk depending on how bad it is
with your pjft comming up soon whats the harm in seeing a doctor

Point

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
You could go see a doctor but *text deleted* at the end of the day he'll prob just say its a strain and to stay off the training for a while. If you did do u pjft how long would you usually have to wait till the PRMC?
I dont want to tell you to train on an injury as it could make it worse, but if you dont want to push back your pjft then drop the running as it clearly hindering you. Instead jump in the gym and use low-impact CV machine, such as the X-trainers and cycling; you may also be able to use the treadmill as it is generally easier on the recovering injuries.
Do stretch it but dont OVER stretch, you may make it worse.

Midnight_assassin

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had to wait about 3 weeks after my PJFT for my PRMC Brief then about another month for PRMC so 2 months for me, it might be quicker tho, I had to wait for some other guys to finish there PJFT so we could all go down togehter.

Jask1982

Reaction score
went to the physio today, it is just a strain, found out that i have slighty bowed legs tho!!

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i dont know bout hamstring, i have torn mine pretty badly but healed within a few days aswell but does anyone get a serious stabbing pain in their calves. mine is agony.