AFCO Interview

ZEDJAYESS

Reaction score
I’ve got my interview next week with the AFCO. Any advice on how best to prepare myself would be appreciated.
I know they will ask about my background and life since leaving school, jobs, hobbies etc.. but what sort of corp knowledge should I be on point with?
Cheers

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
Have a look throughout the site by using the search function. It is a question asked & answered a lot.

Best of luck & keep us posted.

rocoma121

Reaction score
I’ve got my interview next week with the AFCO. Any advice on how best to prepare myself would be appreciated.
I know they will ask about my background and life since leaving school, jobs, hobbies etc.. but what sort of corp knowledge should I be on point with?
Cheers
I got given a booklet of corps knowledge by my AFCO, I could send you some phots of it if you'd like?

Chelonian

Reaction score
...but what sort of corp knowledge should I be on point with?

As suggested by @Johnny_Anonie the search function truly is your friend in this instance. A five second search returned this summary of Corps knowledge from a very recent thread:

Screenshot 2019-09-18 at 08.59.15.png

https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/anyone-recently-applied.120361/#post-683457

After the post there is another containing a summary of current Recruit pay which is worth knowing.

Each Career Advisor at each AFCO will have their own style of interviewing so it's unlikely that anyone can depend on a prescriptive template to provide a list of approved answers.

Have a trawl through the appropriate content on this forum and enjoy your interview. Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

rocoma121

Reaction score
As suggested by @Johnny_Anonie
Each Career Advisor at each AFCO will have their own style of interviewing so it's unlikely that anyone can depend on a prescriptive template to provide a list of approved answers.

Of course: I wasn't suggesting the booklet would be a source of all required knowledge, but merely a helpful starting point to give a general outline of the Corps for someone who knows little to nothing about it.

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
Of course: I wasn't suggesting the booklet would be a source of all required knowledge, but merely a helpful starting point to give a general outline of the Corps for someone who knows little to nothing about it.

All the information you require can be found online- much of it on this forum. A bit of common sense and drive and you’ll find it.

It’s best to get out of the habit of being spoon fed and start using some initiative. Questions are designed to assess your motivation beyond just the physical preparations.

Start here-

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/features/royal-marines

Then hammer the search function on here.