AFCO Opening Times

Roy Brown

Reaction score
Just want to know what days and what hours the AFCOs are open for. I was going to go tomorrow but i think i remember Ninja saying they're shut on weekends. Cheers.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, mine is shut weekends which totally sucks ass.

It's shut by the time I get there after school and weekends too. So I have to wait for a school holiday to even go in!

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
All week days, not open bank holidays and weekends.
8:30-5:30
or it mite just be 8 to 5 not sure

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Click on the AFCO link below, then click on your nearest AFCO to check opening times.

If you ring 03456 07 55 55, our virtual AFCO is manned 09:00 to 21:00 seven days a week apart from Bank Holidays & you get to speak to a real person too!

If you ring the above number, you can also arrange a presentation at your AFCO in School time and legitimately attend with your school's permission (speak to your Careers teacher). Alternatively, if there's a few interested, your careers teacher can ring your nearest AFCO and ask for AFCO careers staff to attend your school at a mutually convenient time.

If all else fails, try: www.prmc.co.uk it's quite handy too.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
@ Ninja, the during school time seems a good idea, only problem is I have less than 3 weeks until my GCSEs and I can't really risk taking a day off. Esp. seeing as I will have all the time in the world, come 3 weeks.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I had trouble when contacting the RN advisors, they never contacted me back os i had to get my own appointment

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I had trouble when contacting the RN advisors, they never contacted me back os i had to get my own appointment

The AFCOs normally operate an "open door" policy which means there's no need to book an appointment, you simply roll-up and someone will speak to you straight away, or within 13-30 minutes if they are very busy. You only need to pre-book an official presentation given to a group of like-minded individuals.

Similarly, just ring your local AFCO on the link below & ask to speak to a careers adviser if you have a specific query which cannot be answered by the serving sailors & marines that man the front desk & phone-lines.

If you want literature sending out, just ring the 03456 07 55 55 number or simply download the official Royal Marines publication from the website. (It's a pdf. document & takes a few seconds to download)

As long as you are over 15 years & 9 months I'd advise you to submit the completed application forms before you finish school as it gets rather busy over the Summer with all the other school leavers applying.