AFCO Query

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Rhino_RM, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Rhino_RM

Rhino_RM New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi Guys,

Over the last couple of months i have been working on my phys leading up to starting my application.

I have contacted my local AFCO multiple times and have been unable to get through to the RM to discuss and get the ball rolling - I was then told by the Army recruitment liaison he very rarely works from the office.

In short - Does it matter what AFCO you start your application from? The reason being when i was unable to get through to my local AFCO i called the next closest which is about 30 minutes away and the team there were very helpful with answering any questions i had so seems like the best option.

Cheers,

2. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Have you started your application online yet?

From my understanding (@Ninja_Stoker will be able to clarify this) they will only direct you to the royal navy portal and start your application that way. I believe you will be assigned to an AFCO then but not certain.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker .

Some careers offices are single-service and only have visiting personnel from the other arms of the service - Aldershot, Guildford & Salisbury being but three examples local to me. Be aware, you can be processed by any Naval Careers Adviser, it isn't necessarily going to be a Royal Marine - I'm not a Royal Marine, for example, but know bits and bobs about joining the Corps.

In any event, you have to apply online via the website, not via an AFCO. Your application will then be electronically handed-off to the nearest AFCO for processing.

The individual is then at liberty to select whichever AFCO they are processed through.

4. Rhino_RM

Rhino_RM New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Right, that makes much more sense.

Thanks Guys. Will keep you posted.

• Like Like x 2