AFCO say i cant make intake...Advice?

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
After some advice, espeically off Ninja if possible.

Applied for the Regs ,passed a PRMC in July. For the last few weeks ive been attending RMR holding troop in Pompey after deciding (Personal/Family Reasons) that Regs isnt for me at this moment in time.

The team at RMR Portsmouth said that everything i have done up to this point applies,but they would still like me to attend their selection weekend this comming weekend,so i meet the guys etc.

I was told to ring my AFCO and explain the situation to them and then all my paperwork will be sent over to them.

Having just rang the AFCO im slightly worried. Basically the Navy/RM recruiter i spoke to said that i have no chance of getting on the intake this year as i have to be completly re-assesed,re interviewed etc and its not just as easy as going down there.

Thats fair enough, i understand they may want to chat to me and find out what my reasons are,and if im making the right decision,but ive geared myself up for this intake,and i dont want to have to wait another 6 months till feb.

He told me that the RMR training team gave me poor advice and just try to recruit anyone,they shouldnt have said i could join up this time round.

Little worried now ,as it was a big enough decision having to work out what i wanted anyway,let along trying to sort it all out. But ill be pretty gutted if i cant join the Sept Intake.

Whos right? Will it be a case of me having to wait?

sooty795

Reaction score
hey mate,

i`m not a AFCO recruiter, but from what i understand all your test etc are the same for both the rmr and regs, so as long as there all still in date then they should apply ( in my logical mind) i can see the afco maybe wanting to re interview you to get to the bottom of whats gone on.

if i was you i`d get back down to the rmr and speak to the as they normally have a good relationship with the afco and might be able to put a call in.

wait for ninja or pm him to get a quick responce.

good luck mate

RC

Reaction score
I would speak to whoevers is in charge of Recruit Training at RMR Portsmouth and explain the situation.

Hopefully, they will be able to pull a few strings ???

Good luck !

Rich.

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers for the advice guys,but looks like ive gota wait now till the March intake. Bummer!