AFCO Tomorrow

Roy Brown

Reaction score
Right lads i'm off to the AFCO for the first time tomorrow. Little bit nervous about what they might think about a 15 year old kid wearing a tracksuit who is a scouser dropping in there *text deleted*. Any advice on what to say when i walk in not to sure about that *text deleted*. Presumably there is a desk at the front where i just go up and say what ever you advise me to? Also what kind of questions would they ask me?

MT6690

Reaction score
typical scouse lad wearing a tracksuite....*text deleted* oj *text deleted*.

just go and get as much info as possible, u cant join til 16 or 17 anyway, but knoledge is power. you'l be fine, its not that much of a big deal and just the first step to becoming an elite royal marine commando.

good luck m8y.

:smile:

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Dont go in the tracksuit!.. Very Very Very Bad move!.. They will treat you like any other chav!.. And just basically speak to you like dirt!.. First Impressions are the best mate so don't go in a tracksuit!

I Had an awesome time when i went to mine, Got on really well with the Corporal and had a good chat with him about marine life etc.. Gave me my application there and then!, Something they dont normally do he said..

Good Luck anyway!..

Roy Brown

Reaction score
What the hell shall i go in then *text deleted*. I don't own a suit!

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Jeans and shirt.. Look Casual not like a Chav! *text deleted*..

Good Luck!

MT6690

Reaction score
go in a *text deleted**text deleted*en jump suite *text deleted* *text deleted*, you might get som fannie at the same time.

wotver u do, dont turn up in a liverpool shirt or everton shirt *text deleted*.

jeans and a t-shirt. :notes:

Roy Brown

Reaction score
Jeans and t-shirt it is then. Any suggestions on what to say when i walk in. Is there a reception thingy where you talk to someone *text deleted*. Is it a massive place *text deleted*.

MT6690

Reaction score
Jeans and t-shirt it is then. Any suggestions on what to say when i walk in. Is there a reception thingy where you talk to someone *text deleted*. Is it a massive place *text deleted*.

there not usuall big, and they'l just ask you what the *text deleted**text deleted* you want *text deleted*, in a nice and profesional manor. just say your intrested in the royal marines and want som information....but beware that usually, theres a little voice speaker button thing you have to press, just press the navy button and say you need som info on the marines. you wont have a probem *text deleted*.

:cheesy:

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yup dont do what i did!.. I Didn't realise it said "Push and Speak to Enter" the door was locked and that there was a push voice thing that i had to speak thru and say that i was interested in the marines before i could open the door.. So i nearly broke the door down lool!!.. I Was like WTF I cant open this door! and was pushing it with all my might lool.. Then realised i had to push voice button hahahhaahha .. PRICELESS!..

M

marcsteele08

Yep bud, better going in Jeans and Tshirt, I was just coming out of an interview for college right beside the AFCO and I had my tracksuit on, but obviously she didnt know that *text deleted*, anyway I felt if I went in jeans and t-shirt she would have told me more, she never told me anything I never knew!

Marc.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Edit:

Yeah just casual jeans and t-shirt will be fine. I don't see wearing a tracksuit is a problem though if your are just going for info, as long as your not wearing a chavy cap and your sucks pulled over your trousers.

All you have say is (there will be a front reception desk) 'I am looking at joining the Royal Marines when I'm old enough'. They will talk you through everything, you will probably get a presentation, booklet and DVD shown about marine life and training etc, piece of cake.

I had a spur of the moment thing and just walked in on my break from college.

(*text deleted* I never had any button/voice thing at main? Just a door into the main area then at reception.)

B

billyliversage

The lock on the door is probs a scouse thing, im *text deleted* sure that the AFCO want to keep all there laptops. *text deleted* just joking lads but i had to say it.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Edit: They will talk you through everything, you will probably get a presentation, booklet and DVD shown about marine life and training etc, piece of cake.

Peice of cake?! I didn't get any cake when I went! :O

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The lock on the door is probs a scouse thing, im *text deleted* sure that the AFCO want to keep all there laptops. *text deleted* just joking lads but i had to say it.

Being originally from Liverpool, one could not but help agree.

Interestingly the laptop that went missing (the one associated with all the hullaballoo in the press, rather than the other 80-odd "lost" in the last five years by those in moD) happened to be stolen in the Midlands.

Mind you, it is only a 60 minute drive down the M6 in a "friend's" Cosworth, s'pose.

Innit.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Being originally from Liverpool, one could not but help agree.

Interestingly the laptop that went missing (the one associated with all the hullaballoo in the press, rather than the other 80-odd "lost" in the last five years by those in moD) happened to be stolen in the Midlands.

Mind you, it is only a 60 minute drive down the M6 in a "friend's" Cosworth, s'pose.

Innit.

LOOOOL :laugh::laugh::laugh: