AFCO Visit

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Afco

Just out of interest, is anyone on here using the Ipswich AFCO in suffolk?

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Afco

I have looked into my closes AFCO and i have noticed that it is in London and well that is a kinda long way to go from were i live, i looked on the navy's website at the AFCO and there really isnt that many, i would of thought there would be more. dose any one know if there would be one close to the ''Rainham'' area.

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think there may be an AFCO in Southend, Victoria Plaza-above argos.

B

billyliversage

Hey Gary, i live about 2minutes drive from rainham (aveley) and my AFCO is Bloomsbury Way, London. Its really not that far, jump on the C2C from rainham station to fenchurch street, then on to the central line to Tottenham Court Road, its just up the road from there. Seems long i know *text deleted*. I work just round the corner so i tend to pop in there on my lunch break.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
When did you go for your ijterview may iask, because when i walked into my Afco for the first time there was somone taking there interview

Roy Brown

Reaction score
Hi guys i was thinking of popping into the local AFCO on Monday not to get a date for an interview or anything as i'm waiting at least a year for thatbut just for a general chat and to ask some questions. I do have a problem though as with me being 15 and living in Liverpool i don't want to walk in with a tracksuit on looking like a "scally" *text deleted* and giving the wrong impression. But on the other hand i'm not going to walk in with a suit on as with me being young i don't want them to think i'm a *text deleted** *text deleted*. Also if you do give me the advice i need and i do go to the AFCO i'm not sure what to say. The first impression is going to be more important than usual with me being 15 and they will automatically think i'm a "scally" so any advice on this too? Cheers fellas.

rhodri

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i went to my AFCO for first time yesterday i dressed in work clothes so just a pair of tidy trousers and a shirt, and had a chat i am going back next week for a presentaton, if you goin they will be able to give you some details a dvd and a few magazine type things with information.

about what to wear he said i didnt need to go like that but showed i was willing to make the effort so next time can just go in jeans and a t shirt.

would definetly advise going in as you can ask any burning questions or things your not sure about.

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just dont go in with spaghetti sauce stains down your shirt

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Most AFCOs are shut on monday as it's a bank holiday. When you do go to get some info, just go as you are initially & relax, they are there to help & advise at this stage, not to make judgement.

ringo

Reaction score
when i went in i just wore black jumper and a pair of cords. the guy seemed alrite and just told me bout thr RM and showed me a few vids of the prmc. was very relaxed. so i wudnt hav much to worry about *text deleted* *text deleted*.