Afco

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys when you go down the AFCO will u meet with a Royal Navy carries adviser or a Royal Marine guy? and will there always be one there, say they work mon-fri there will always be the right guy there each day so u can safely go down any day of the week to meet with them instead of certain days.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It depends which AFCO you go to, the bigger ones tend to have RM staff but smaller ones like mine only have the odd RM in now and then.

There is normally a careers advisor about most days but if you want a proper chat then its best to phone ahead to save wasting a journey if they are not.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
kk well i ain't really bothered about chatting with a RM guy because most questions i need to ask him i can just say on this site just wona go get my app and some other booklets and stuff :)

S

Sotiris

When I went in first there was the fat Naval rating that started off my interview. As soon as I mentioned I wanted to go for YO he said "ah...one moment please sir", about 8 minutes later in walks this South African Commando Captain. It was the first time I'd ever seen the flash and badge of the Marines in real life and so close. Got my heart rate going I can tell you!

If there's one reason to be a Marine it's the uniform haha!

It definitely seemed that my YO application got more attention, I don't think I'd have ever met a RM otherwise.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
...youll most likely find a gay sailor

sm_rose.gif
18.gif

....It was the first time I'd ever seen the flash and badge of the Marines in real life and so close. Got my heart rate going I can tell you!

If there's one reason to be a Marine it's the uniform ...

hug.gif

S

Sotiris

Ah...you know what I'm talking about Stoker. Don't pretend to be any different :love:!

Haha where the hell did you get those smileys from?

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had the exact same feeling when i first talked to a Royal properly, it was actually RMRO i think, as he refered me to this site

:) bloody descent bloke, but he swore in front of me sis so i killed him

joking, just put him in a coma...