afgan

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
What part of Afghanistan are the Americans based? although war is bad we all know we want to go and fight! but now America are pulling alot of troops out of Iraq and sending them into afghan and the American general is taking over the nato forces i bet they will kick the brits out of helmand and stick us in a *text deleted**text deleted*ty area and send there troops in instead.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What part of Afghanistan are the Americans based? although war is bad we all know we want to go and fight! but now America are pulling alot of troops out of Iraq and sending them into afghan and the American general is taking over the nato forces i bet they will kick the brits out of helmand and stick us in a *text deleted**text deleted*ty area and send there troops in instead.

fine by me! *text deleted* means a lesser death toll for us and to be honest im happy as long as im at the opposite end of afghanistan to the americans! *text deleted* they have a bad history of 'blue on blue'

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You realise helmand IS the *text deleted**text deleted*ty area right?

_44406217_afghan_troops_416.gif

Countries contributing more than 1,000 troops as of December 2007

Canada 1,730
France 1,292
Germany 3,155
Italy 2,358
Netherlands 1,512
Poland 1,141
Turkey 1,219
UK 7,753
US 15,038

Source: ISAF

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
wow! looking at that illustration i kind of feel inadequate to the americans!

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i mean the *text deleted**text deleted*ty area with no *text deleted**text deleted*ing action i know alot of people will say yeah but thats good but comon we all want to get some action!

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
yeh the Brits and Canadians have the worst areas and see the most action. The ANA must be in most of the country as well right? But i guess that picture only shows foreign forces.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i mean the *text deleted**text deleted*ty area with no *text deleted**text deleted*ing action i know alot of people will say yeah but thats good but comon we all want to get some action!

*text deleted* i know what you mean! my dad keeps saying to me 'go for the marines and soon you might get some action!' *text deleted* he went to iraq in '91 he did get some action! lost a few friends along the way.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
what about that big ass chunk next to helmand is no 1 there? better get some lads in there other wise it will end but as a big taliban hot spot

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
looks like were forcing the taliban into a corner and the British are leading *text deleted* woop! :saythat:

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
so lets start a bet! i bet the once the Iraq and afghan distbrute is over who will America go 4 next lool its obv gona be Iran i think the only reason they have not gone in yet is the issue of fighting a war on 3 fronts

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well, lets finish the current war first! *text deleted* its predicted that the war on talliban in afghanistan will last up to 30 years! i might make a personal bet at the local bookies that i pass my psychometric test in 8 days! *text deleted* might as well make some money out of it!

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
whatever people say about the yanks, we would be screwed without their air support. they do a good job out there from what ive heard.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just a shame the MoD are lazy as f'uck! there has been to many deaths due to aircraft carrying soldiers being overlooked, either not been fixed/maintained properly or are very very old and dated technology! you read all the time in the paper where soldiers have been killed in helicopter crashed simply because the aircraft itself was not up to standards! as for the americans, you remember when 2 pilots of fast jets shot down 2 british soldiers? they even had the big orange pannels on the tanks so the americans had no excuse to say they didnt know it was Brits! they got 64 years imprisonment between them :cheesy:

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah i dont mean to be degrading America i do really like em but they are known for war starting and i just hope they dont push us out and take the credit for the good work we been doing and along with the blue on blue it must be really hard to bomb in the terrain it looks very hilly and mountainous there doing a top job

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
itsa shame our RAF get overlooked, they do just as good a job and less blue on blues!
but yeh the yanks are an immense force, thats why T.Blair sucked G.Bush arse and RIGHTLY so, dont *text deleted* be against them!

they dont...its just the we have *text deleted**text deleted* all planes and they have loads.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
We've missed all the hard fighting, this war has been going on for years thats a lot of dead taliban, but I got a feeling theres *text deleted* be a bigger party in the future, WW3 maybe? *text deleted*

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
You'd think the Turks could've sent a few more troops than us...

They've only got like a million man army.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yeah im surprised the Canadians have so few for such a big region and i know for one thing there getting a lot of action!

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If china got involved you would see red flags all over that map *text deleted* with about 2 million active troops in their army, and if they went crazy they could just call every young man in china to fight so rank that up to like 9 million *text deleted*

edit-I just found out they have a population of around 1.3 billion people (dont fcuk with china haha)