After a tour

D

DJLOZZA

hi guys.i am re-joining the royal marines after getting to week 8 of recruit training in "07" i have just passed the pjft test(wasnt to hard) and now im waiting for a date for prmc.I was just wondering when completing a tour and returning home after 6 months,what would be usually the routine after that?how much time with family?how long till rejoining your unit?any help would be great.thanks......

Ipodbob

Reaction score
hi sorry i cant answer the question but i was wondering what was your reason for leaving, was it injury or other ?

thanks

M

MTW

i think you get 2 weeks off, could be more but im sure its 2 weeks

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
its POTL (post operational tour leave) and its 11 weeks mate!!

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
bloody hell! you sure?
i heard in the US they do 18 month deployments. it's no wonder they have to fill their ranks with criminals

DJ LOZZA

Reaction score
Hi ipodbob.I left recruit training after week 8 because my girlfriend was 4 months pregnant,so i had to make the toughest choice in my life so far,either continue training or stop and come home,and i chose the latter option.I was absolutely gutted.All that hard work and months of tests down the pan!!But i new i would eventually come back into training again,and have just got to pass prmc again in the next month or so,which will not be easy as i remember the last one and am not as fit as the last time i passed it.But i have a month to beast myself into shape.

Andy5sm thank you very much for that information.much appreciated.

Ipodbob

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, good luck with it this time.

christomo

Reaction score
i think you get 2 weeks off, could be more but im sure its 2 weeks
i think thats right in the middle of when your doing your tour, i read that in the army help guide that someone went on holiday because you get 2 weeks off right in the middle of the 6 months