After much demand, my diet thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Right then lads, *text deleted* pissed about enough on here....so heres a thread with some worth. Please read all of it as its all as vital as can be.

Diet......forget your milions pressups, your 90 mile runs, and your one arm pull ups in your sleep. The most important thing before all that is your diet!! I would guess that alomst 75% of people that have read this willnot be taking in enough of the 3 main ingredients. that is PROTIEN, CARBOHYDRATES, and WATER.

What do they do....?

Protien - In its basic function, it helps build and repair muscles. Every time you max out your muscle it produces a microscopic tear (which looks like cotton wool under the microscope). Your body repairs that tear stronger and bigger. In order to do this it need huge amounts of protien. I would hazard a guess almost 90% of people on the forum arent taking in enough protien. Which funnily enough works best with the next..........

Carbohydrates - In its basic function, carbo hydrates brake down for suga and glucose. This is the fuel as you like for your body. With out plent of carbs your body wont function properly, and also wont use the next matter effiently....

Water - With out water, all life on earth will not exsist. But for our purpose, we need water to rehydrate and it improves the way the body repairs that muscle.

Protiens, Carbs, and Water. Simple

What to eat.....right this is a big one. *text deleted* never been a very big lad, but im blessed with greta muscle memory i.e. if i work out and build up muscle, it stays. So im going on the fact your all pretty much the same as me, so here is a no bull*text deleted**text deleted* honest account of what i train and eat on a daily basis. If your bigger or smaller than me at 11 stone. Please PM me and ill adjust accordingly.

Meal 1 - 6am - 2 x Toast with jam (Protien and Carbs) Pint of Water

6 or 3 mile run and a quick bout of 10 x press ups, sit ups, and 2 pull ups

Meal 2 - 7am - Protien Supliment Drink (Protien) note see my supliments thread

Meal 3 - 10am - 4 x Weetabix & Protien drink (Lots of protien)

12pm - Max out push ups (with 5kg weight pack), sit ups, and pull ups

Meal 4 - 1pm - Baked Potatoe with Tuna mayo, whole tin of tuna (Carbs and Protien)

Meal 5 - 4pm - 2 x Tuna, Salmon, Chiken or Steak pitta bread (Protien and Crabs)

Circuits as Per Royal Marines Training Schedule

Meal 6 - 7pm - Chicken Curry and Rice (lots of Protien and Crabs

Meal 7 - 10pm - Protien Shake (Protien)

Its very important to sleep on protien as it recovers your body.

COSTS

Well i used to eat £150 a month on food! stupid i know, now i spend £60 and i eat more than ever...how. Simple, eat fresh.

Meats first, meat is probably the most expensive of all foods. But it needent be. I get all my meat from the butchers. I went in one day, asked to speak to the boss....some fat assed jolly geezer came through. I said to him, im training to join the Royal Marines, and i need a good deal on some meat. He asked me to take a headed letter from my AFCO so i did. Now i get the following for a tenner each week.

3 Packs of skinned chicken breasts 3 portions in each.

2 large bags of Mince meat

3 Minted Lamb Chops

2 medium frying steak

1 bag of diced stewing beef

all that for a tenner.

Your pastas and potatoes etc come cheap.....have no shame shop in Lidl or Aldi if you have to...

All in all EAT WELL, TRAIN WELL, SUCCEED WELL.

Stacka

p.s. This is along side a normal diet! I.e. sugars, fats, and salts...some one just reminded me

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't see a single fruit or vegetable in that diet-not the healthiest i've ever seen...

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Doesn't count mate-it is a vegetable but it can't be counted as 1 of *text deleted* 5 a day. Also, nutritionists say you shud actually be aiming for 10 fruit and veg a day (all different types). The Government say u shud eat 5 because i's a more realistic target.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I didn't see a single fruit or vegetable in that diet-not the healthiest i've ever seen...
You need to read mate, this is alongside a standard diet. No one needs to be told you should eat fruit and veg, if you do......then somehing is seriously wrong.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Doesn't count mate-it is a vegetable but it can't be counted as 1 of *text deleted* 5 a day. Also, nutritionists say you shud actually be aiming for 10 fruit and veg a day (all different types). The Government say u shud eat 5 because i's a more realistic target.
And i think you'll find thats a bit of bull*text deleted**text deleted*, just like you should be drinking a certain amount of water a day.

You should be eating "plenty of fruit and veg" was the advice no number was given.

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
"The Government recommends an intake of at least FIVE portions of fruit or vegetables per person per day to help reduce the risk of some cancers, heart disease and many other chronic conditions."

Copied and pasted from The Department of Health website

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
"The Government recommends an intake of at least FIVE portions of fruit or vegetables per person per day to help reduce the risk of some cancers, heart disease and many other chronic conditions."

Copied and pasted from The Department of Health website
Well thats not for us is it! were training very very hard. Or should be thus needing more.

how can you generalise. I doubt very much your body is the same as mine, and mine as the next guy. So 5 fruit and veg to be honest is bull*text deleted**text deleted* in my eyes.

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You should be eating "plenty of fruit and veg" was the advice no number was given.[/QUOTE]

Just proving a point...

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
You should be eating "plenty of fruit and veg" was the advice no number was given.

Just proving a point...
Wow *text deleted* woo..... point to Duffy, My ex-Mrs used to do that. Fling her hair, and clomp of in her high heels, hand bag in arm....similarities there.

See what im getting at

The food standard agency offered "Plenty Fruit and Veg" as a campaign. They said that 5 a day should be considered a good, achievable target. Meaning thats a rough estimation....

....if you can survive on 5 a day Duffy, be my guest.

http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/healthydiet/nutritionessentials/fruitandveg/

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I can understand y she left u-temper, temper...

Potatoes don’t count towards 5 A DAY because they are classified as ‘starchy’ (carbohydrate) foods-advice from NHS...

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score

Potatoes don’t count towards 5 A DAY because they are classified as ‘starchy’ (carbohydrate) foods-advice from NHS...
I never said they did, im saying i eat fruit and veg as a matter of course. And every one who takes their life style seriously should.

I cant imagine any one here that doesnt eat fruit and veg.

I put carrots and brocoli in my curry, i have bannanas twice a day, i have salad with my pittas, i eat maybe a bit of brocoli with my baked spuds or mixed beans.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score

By the way....i left her mate.

Windy_Chris

Reaction score
I'm not sure on the NHS advice bud as they also suggest that suitable exercise for adults is 30 mins of moderate cardio 5 times a week which is nowhere near enough and merely a cop out for a sedentary population additionally any nutritionist would say that (an i agree with Stacka here) that '5 a day' again is simplistic attempt at education and that balance and variety (including potatoes) is the key.

Leedham

Reaction score
*text deleted* the 5 a day, get a multi-vit and an apple a day

Your diet looks like it could be a lil low on fats too me, and you forgot them from the main nutrients protein/carbs/fats and water as you said. put some cheese or something fatty in with the rest of the stuff

jus my advice, u may wish to follow it or jus ignore me *text deleted*

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Why on earth would anyone demand to know what you eat?

If I was you I'd definately cut down on the protein shakes, you eat enough not to need crappy shakes and when you're in the Royal Marines and you're on operation for 6 months the chances are your body will adjust to NEEDING them and when you don't get them you're going to fall behind and just be a hinderance to everyone. It happens and I know someone who it happened to. Couldn't get his 'dosage' of recovery drink and freaked out and was stopped from going on an exercise.

I'd also add some bad food in there like atleast 1 desert a day.. Without adding a balance of bad stuff your body will get amazingly used to the same stuff over and over and you'll only be able to reach a certain level. A home made apple crumble never hurt one one! It's like never changing your work out, you'll never be able to produce an even better result because your body adjusts to it.

I'm not trying to teach you to suck eggs, just a suggestion =)

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I'm not trying to teach you to suck eggs, just a suggestion =)
Yes you are!

What qualifies you to suggest up and beyond, some one that has been around as long as your old man probably, who had a degree in this matter before you were even born, and who is a professional body builder, fitness and diet instructor.....and ex Royal Navy PTI.

Please tell me mate, becasue im really eager to hear.

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Seems to me there's a bit of hero worship going on with Stacka and his Navy PTI buddy...

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I have to agree with ash here, by all means its up to you what you eat, but Im sure there is no need for that many shakes, studys have shown that not that much protein is needed, specially if you weigh 11 stone. Studys have also shown excessive protein can damage your kidneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.