Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

After passing out

Discussion in 'Pass Out' started by mgoldy, Mar 7, 2016.

1. mgoldy

mgoldy New Member

Hi Guys,

I probably sound like a right noob asking this question, but I need clarity.

After passing out of RT and you move onto your unit, how will your next year look? You will obviously be on call for operations but I wanted to know how long are you at the barracks for at a given time?

Thanks in advance.

2. mgoldy

mgoldy New Member

More to the point. What does your week look like in a unit. Do you do 9-5, Mon-Friday then have the weekends off?

3. The guide

The guide Royal Marines Commando

Normal working week when on camp is around -
    08.00 turn to - and work until aorund16.30 / 1700 hrs Mon to Thurs & 08.00 till around 11.30 / 12.30 on Friday then off for the weekend unless you pick up a duty which is rare at Mne rank.

As for the year it depends on what rotation your unit is on / What branch you are (if you have one) and what filed exercises you have in that year ,but you could spend anything up to 6-8 weeks on camp before an exercise , or conversely just one week..very hard question to answer with any degree of certainty as each unit or term can be different..

• Like Like x 1