after running shower

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
after running is it better to have a hot or cold shower?

Nintendouche

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hot Shower

a cold shower is just going to get you cold

but a cold/ice bath will benefit you

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My mate said if you cold shower after exercise it'll make your muscles seize up. Like *text deleted**text deleted* do I believe that *text deleted**text deleted* though :laugh:

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I heard its best to turn the shower on warm then cold then warm then cold...........(honest)

C

critchmufc

therz another thread on this somewer.....

anyway Ty, the guru, was sayin a cold shower shocks your muscles and can strain you

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* everyone gives different answers! :weird:

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
after running is it better to have a hot or cold shower?

very cold water- ice water- relaxes the muscles

if you are hot and burning up use hot water! it will cool you down quicker!

Chris_PRMC

Reaction score
BATHE IN BLOOD!!

and of course by that i meant that i normaly either walk for about 15-20 minutes to sortof cool down or go swimming for an hour or so

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
so *text deleted* saying cold water shockes the muscles......
therz another thread on this somewer.....

anyway Ty, the guru, was sayin a cold shower shocks your muscles and can strain you
and *text deleted* saying that cold water relaxes the muscles...
very cold water- ice water- relaxes the muscles

if you are hot and burning up use hot water! it will cool you down quicker!

:huh::huh::huh::huh:

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yea, its like the weirdest thing ever, kind of goes against physics! but hot water will cool you down quicker than cold because the hot water against the cold body creates LOADS of steam and condensation which traps all the heat from your body and as hot air rises it rises from your body! therefore making you cooler!

cold water relaxes your muscles- you never seen it where rugby players fill up a wheelie bin full of ice and cold water and everyone takes it in turns to stand in it? because it gets rid of any lactic acid from your muscles- relaxing them

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
im even more confused now then before i asked this question *text deleted*. some people say cold is bad , some is saying cold is good and some are saying hot,cold,hot,cold. i need seedy!!

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I always have ahot shower and then turn it to cold for alittle bit before i get out.

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The only time you should avoid hot showers is if you have an injury. Hot water causes swelling which is the bodies way of protecting you from causing further injury.

The hot and cold theory is that it will flush out scar tissue by improving circulation.

To be safe I would just stick to luke warm showers after exercise.

J

Jason_A

Cold showers FTW!

I have cold showers because they remove all the blood from your legs ect -- which makes them feel numb. After, I rinse in some hot water for a few seconds which makes new blood to go to the legs ect, thus lactic acid is removed and you're far more likely not to get stiff muscles or an injury. I always finish on cold water, too. (Just to close my pores).

Interesting read: http://www.stevenaitchison.co.uk/blog/2006/08/31/cold-showers-cure-the-cold/

Seems to be false information in this thread. Cold showers will not damage your muscles in any way. It is beneficial!

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, I get in a warm shower so it's not too much of a shock, and turn it right down for as long as I can stand. Follow this by going lukewarm for a few minutes, then back to cold as you can stand for as long as you can stand, then up to lukewarm, then up to hot. *text deleted**text deleted* your circulation about, make it suffer!

Cold water doesn't harm your muscles.

SR

Reaction score
Ice bath then a nice warm shower.

C

critchmufc

in an ice bath, do you just fill your bath with ice, becuase that would freeze by bollocks off and shrink my *text deleted**text deleted* so much i wouldnt be able to see it