After your application

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
After your application how long does it take inbetween them getting *text deleted* app and your prmc whats involed in that gap? does it vary? i've noticed alot of people with eye tests n medicals etc if anyone can shed some light on that would be great cheers.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
psychometric test
selection interview
medical (including eye test)
PJFT (Pre Joining Fitness Test)
PRMC (Potential Royal Marines Course)
RT (Recruit Training)

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cheers for the quick reply any idea how long it takes to do everything up untill they give you your PRMC date? cheers again

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
interview, medical, psychometrics tests, errr pjft. you have to do.

as for time,

depends on how busy the AFCO is mate, and if you are ready and all that. so anywhere from a matter of weeks to a few months. i would say it takes around on average 2months. as i said it depends on busyness <--- spelling. :S

hope this helps man.

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
from them reciving your application it normally takes about 4-6 mnths to get to rt s till *text deleted* prmc about 3-4 months if everythink goes smoothly an in between u do a Aptitude test then if u pass u go for an eye test then a medical then an interview the prmc i think it that order or somethin like that.

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
the whole application depends on when they can fit you in for the eye tests and medicals and written tests. it also varies between AFCO to AFCO too.
my application has took ages because when i handed my application form in i was only just over the minimum age for the Royal Marines.
i know that between your medical and your PJFT you have a limit of 28 days to do it so that part is up to you.

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
oh ye PJFT after *text deleted* medical or interview not sure which one it comes after

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ah brilliant cheers guys, i guess i should hand it in before time save myself sittin about waitting

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i guess were like rapid response forces on this website with the replies huh! XD

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
id deffinatly get it done soon as, mine took 7-8 months the quickest my afco could do it.

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
bloody hell, im 19 in jan but still i take into account what my old man thinks about it all him being a solistor he wants to read the small print *text deleted* what *text deleted* folks think about you lot joinning

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
they dn't want me to but they said it's my decision an i'm old enought to make my own decisions

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah man pretty much same (chelsea)... cheers will fill it out now

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
bloody hell, im 19 in jan but still i take into account what my old man thinks about it all him being a solistor he wants to read the small print *text deleted* what *text deleted* folks think about you lot joinning

*text deleted* there isnt any small print to read, the contract is pretty simple! 18 years...bam pretty much.

my rents love it, everyone does, obv they arnt to keen on ghanners but what parents would be, end of the day its what you sign up to do. no surprises signing up with the current situation in stan.

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah definatly *text deleted* *text deleted* right about what parents wouldn't... cant wait will be best decision of my life

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
7-8 month? jeese! i suppose i handed in my application in 23rd september so, by the time i start RT will have been about4 month! not bad considering how busy it is this time of the year

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah definatly *text deleted* *text deleted* right about what parents wouldn't... cant wait will be best decision of my life

seriously mate, the satisfaction of passing each stage of the process is amazing! *text deleted* *text deleted* been on a high since my psychometric test! :D:D:D

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
must admit passing a different section and walking out the afco, thinking YEAH!

imagine passing PRMC on the train back i would be like XD XD XD all the way back.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
must admit passing a different section and walking out the afco, thinking YEAH!

imagine passing PRMC on the train back i would be like XD XD XD all the way back.

*text deleted* having a kind of freakish weird smile on your face all the way home! if i pass my PRMC i think i might even give up my seat for an old lady! *text deleted* the best part about passing PRMC is that youv done it! your in the Royal Marines! and starting training regardless!

i live so far away from lympstone i think if i pass my PRMC i will just stay there and wait for my RT to start! *text deleted* means i dont have to pay anything for travel expenses! XD XD XD XD XD

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Will this injury hinder my application? Jollies Bar 4
W Application documents POC Section 0
W Application timescale ROP Dates - Discuss with others on your course 1