FromtheGlos

Reaction score
I was wondering what the optimum age would be to do RT & PRMC?

Its just that, although im 18, im very thin and my body clearly isnt developed fully (playing senior rugby hasnt helped) so im unsure if Royal Marines training would be good for me?

Zefan

Reaction score
Are you eating properly? Make sure you're getting enough protein, it doesn't matter how much training you do if your diet is messed up.

Even if you are and your body has just not matured enough yet - there's no rush. Last night I worked out the average age on this site from the poll results so far and it's 21.5, so you're not pressed for time!

walksof

Reaction score
if your unsure on your fitness ect, best thing i would do is give yourself some basic tests.
like do a 3 mile run see how you do. see how many press ups an sit ups you can do in 2 mins. should be doing a three mile run in about 22 mins. an press ups 60 an sit ups 80.

then from tha just judge when ya lookin to start application process an depending on how you do decided if ya *text deleted* go for it or not. an go down the careers office an ask they will give you any info if you just ask for it.

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
no offence about all this but this age stuff is aload of crap, "my body isnt fully developed yet?" so what it doesent matter if your wilf isnt as big as the rest *text deleted* at the end of the day your there to train and become someone. im only 17 and im starting in 11 days guys your not going to be treated different guys because of your age or size of your muscles its only going to make you stronger ive been pushed through tough regimes all my life for football and rugby training from the age of twelve and ive turned out fine most proberly stronger

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The criteria for entry is pass selection & be between the ages of 16 & 32.

The optimum age is rather difficult to ascertain as it's not just the level of physical fitness or physical maturity, but the mental maturity of the individual.

Logically the body keeps growing to around 21 & the older person tends to have a good level of stamina over the longer distances & a better developed upperbody strength, but take longer to recover from injury. The younger candidate generally tends to be lighter, swifter over the shorter distances & as long as they have the mental strength of mind, equally capable of completing Commando training as they physically recover from injury quicker.

FromtheGlos

Reaction score
thanks for your help guys. im not being a fanny, just dont want to get there and find out that im too slight etc. already been kicked out of a rugby academy for it! but to be honest i dont care what's said. I feel fit and strong even if i dont look it!