Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.
  1. SCOTTY6

SCOTTY6 Royal Marines Commando

yeah having a PT is good, however i think it would be foolish not to get some good sessions down on the treadmills. I ended up doing mock PJFTs just as part of my workout. the more you do it the more you get used to it. itl put your mind at rest for when it comes around.

2. Geordieboy7

Geordieboy7 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi mate.. I'm a personal trainer myself and while the HIIT sessions and crosstraining will help you in your PRMC somewhat, you need to train specificity. That means if you need to get a good time on a treadmill, you need to run on a treadmill. Your body gets better at what you train it for. Running outside is a little different to running on a treadmill. However, those HIIT sessions and running outside etc will set you in good stead for the treadmill run. But just practise it :)

Best of luck to you!

3. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Train specific. If you're training for the PJFT then that's what you need to be basing the majority of your training on. As @ThreadpigeonsAlpha says earlier, it's not about getting it right, it's about not getting it wrong.

Once you have PJFT tucked away, then you should not be going anywhere near a treadmill. You need to be outside getting the miles in, including sprints, hills, hill sprints, drags and then more hills. Don't forget, Devon doesn't do flat.

The only time time you should be back in the gym is to do specific leg exercises, but even then I feel that 90% of your training needs to be outside in all weathers.

Alan

• Like Like x 1