alchohol and training

jamierogan

Reaction score
cheers for all the advise last time guys but I have one more question, what are the effects of alchohol when your training does it matter if you just have a couple with a meeal or should I abstain completely

RC

Reaction score
cheers for all the advise last time guys but I have one more question, what are the effects of alchohol when your training does it matter if you just have a couple with a meeal or should I abstain completely
Well, alcohol won't do you any good, but as long as you don't go over the top too often, I wouldn't worry too much.

Rich.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You'll probably find that it'll dehydrate you quicker if you drink excessively.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
for obvious reasons when your totaly pissed your fitness it crap *text deleted*

and yeah alcohol can effect your fitness, it effects mine quite a bit so i hardly ever drink it. but for some reason in the morning after a hard night befor i feel very refreshed if i go out on a nice slow run, 3 miles say at about 8 to 9 min pace.

Also the effect it has depends on how often you drink, i saw a programme where someone who was pretty fit started drinking a fair bit alcohol on a regular basis and was crap at fitness after a little while. but then again if your body can tolerate a pint or two of beer without feeling any effects at all then there shouldn't be to bad a problem i say.

but im not saying alcohol will make your fitness go down hill. look at the marines, most of them would drink a fair bit and are 10 times fitter than us, just *text deleted* make sure you work on your fitness to keep the effect minimal