alcohol

NELSON23

Reaction score
i was just wondering who has cut out the wonderful drink from there life?
*text deleted* i had a bevvy at the wknd for the 1st time in ages n when i was playin 5-a-side last nite i felt more *text deleted*ed than usual

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I have the odd beer at the football match or if im at home watching it but like once every 2 weeks i go out with my mates and get drunk but not too drunk. Actually I havent been drunk in about a month now *text deleted*.

It gets boring and you always feel *text deleted**text deleted* the next day.

Stick to training and go out without getting drunk *text deleted*.

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean, couple of weeks ago i went out and had a few pints to treat myself and it was brilliant *text deleted* i hadn't drank in a while, but i'm back off it now, saving myself for the new year *text deleted*.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
probly go out on the piss about once a month, and it always seems to be a better night than if i go out every week. Already planned my next night *text deleted* - SubFocus and Clipz at Smack in Leamington Spa on 14th Nov! Hahahahaha top night!!

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i have a drink now and then but not all my m8s ate 18 so cant really go out:cry: it also is expensive like £30 £40 at least to have a good nite *text deleted* but i work fri n sat nights so cant really go out that much bt wen i do i party:saythat:
stewie

NELSON23

Reaction score
i will be 24 on NOV the 1st & i have my RMAD on the 18th so im wondering if i should forget about drinking and concentrate on the training.

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I have a coke here and there *text deleted*. 2 more years. The man at the AFCO said when i turn 18 i will be smashed out of my head *text deleted*, if im in the corps as my birthday is january 1st *text deleted*

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I should think that not drinking being commendable an all would change once in the marines! Personally do not really drink at all anymore, when i do though *text deleted* i do! Not that it takes much anymore haha

I tend to just go out have one or two an leave it at that really more fun an much nicer next day, unless of course you had that kebab which leaves a horrid taste in your mouth an you feeling queasy all day!

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have time to drink, i'm working most weekends and can't be arsed going in work with a hang over and i don't drink in the week, had 3 cans of stella on sunday night after not drank in about 3 weeks and my head was banging in the mornin!! wasn't good, just can't be bothered drinking to be honest, you will be surprised how much it messes with your training/fitness, well it does to me anyway.

I'm happy enough not drinking. :cheesy:

Ned

Reaction score
Alcohol = Bad for training.

Technically speaking; Even small ammounts of alcohol has large effects on the liver, the liver responds to alcohol as a toxin and when a toxin is present in the body, the liver temporarily suspends its other functions in order to rid the body of a toxic substance. Glycogen is the basic fuel for the body and brain. When the liver suspends its function of producing adequate glycogen, the results are impaired cognitive function and rapid onset of muscle fatigue during strenuous exercise. Both of these result in impaired athletic performance. A secondary effect of an inadequate glycogen supply is that muscle tissue may lack the energy supply necessary for cell repair following strenuous exercise.

Another issue associated with alcohol comsumption involves alcohol's tendency to slowly deplete vitamins already in the body, and to interfere with the absorption and storage of new nutrients. Basically your pissing away the things your body needs.

Happy drinking
courtesy of this

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

Ben

Reaction score
Already planned my next night *text deleted* - SubFocus and Clipz at Smack in Leamington Spa on 14th Nov! Hahahahaha top night!!
Sounds like a good night.

My prmc is on the 4th November but on the 31st is Halloween and I'm going to a beer festival. Beer festival sounds a lot heavier then it is, last time I went felt fine in the morning, not to keen on ale.

Ben

Reaction score
I've heard aload of story from my dad about when he was in. He said some of the stuff they use to do was stupid, like getting trashed and then have to get up the next morning for a long run, drive boats or diving. He said they felt like s*text deleted*t but just got on with it.

hobbsy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Up until two weeks ago i was going out two nights a week and drinking ... alot (£1 a pint...*text deleted* take advantage). But now ive got PJFT booked and am starting training more ive cut down completely, going out once every two weeks, and not getting very drunk at all. And so far its made a big difference, especially in my running, been knocking minutes off my times recently.

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
£1 a pint?????? where the bloody hell is that? why is it so cheap? stolen? haha
stewie

S

Sotiris

I'm completely T-total. I don't drink fizzy drinks or eat chocolate, no smoking either.

I've done this since 2005. I keep telling myself, once I get accepted for the 09 batch I'll drink a pub dry then go back to my monk like ways.