All Arms Commando Course.

newtothesite

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys you might remember I posted earlier saying I was thinking of joining when I was 18. I was however thinking of (possibly) joining a normal Infantry regiment in the Army, and doing four years. If I then completed the AACC at say 22 (physical peak), does that make me a 'proper' Marine? Or is there something more to it which I am missing? Thanks for the help guys it's been really helpful.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You'll be a commando, but not a marine, even if you joined the rifles and did the AACC you're still not a royal marine. if it's what you want to do (be a marine) just train and apply, there is no "easy" route in. i wouldn't worry about not being at physical peak as per averages, i'm past my physical peak as per averages but i'm still going for it.

newtothesite

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks mate, I'm not looking for an easy route in, just checking all the options. Think I might do what I said which is join the regs for four years and then apply.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks mate, I'm not looking for an easy route in, just checking all the options. Think I might do what I said which is join the regs for four years and then apply.
Why do that mate?, Wouldn't it be easier just to join the marines?, I Can see were your coming from, You dont want to be having a *text deleted**text deleted*ty job on civvie street for 3 years, But i don't see the point on joining the army to then leave to join the marines?..

Sam