all the advice you can give

wanna be a marine

Reaction score
ive got my pre-joining interview this tuesday and i was wondering if anyone could lay down some advice on what to talk about, specific points to mention. that would greatly help me and any others in the same boat

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ive got my pre-joining interview this tuesday and i was wondering if anyone could lay down some advice on what to talk about, specific points to mention. that would greatly help me and any others in the same boat

The interview is broken down into 5 sections covering things such as education, home life, hobbies and sports and knowledge of the RMs.

He/She will ask you questions about each section, just be yourself and NEVER lie, they will see straight through you.
Mention any leadership experience you have (DofE, Cadets etc), mentions sports teams you've played for. They also want to see if you've ever lived away from home and how you handled it.
As I say mate, just be yourself and brush up of your RM knowledge.

Best of luck.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* cheers. admin: ever thought of merging the threads above and making them a sticky

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It really isn't as scary as it looks, mine was more like an informal chat, we had quite a few laughs. Just be yourself, but the key thing you need to show in every answer is that you have determination, whether its in education or any life experience you've had and make sure you have good reasons for wanting to join. Oh and you don't need to know masses about the Royal Marines, just the basics e.g. how many commando units there are and where the commando training centre is etc.