All you want to know about Irons.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Bit of a useless question perhaps.

But still, how much should I spend on one, is a basic ten quidder Ok or should I be spending 30 quid or something. Or if you have any reccomendations or 'standard' ones that most people have, shoot.

Cheers.

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Get a good iron. It'l last longer it'l make sure you don't have to go over the same area a few times to get all the creases out, hotter the better. If you can offord one, get a 'Steam Generator' iron, something like this; http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...8/c_3/3|cat_10198398|Steam+irons|10198399.htm

Some lad in my troop had one similar to that and *text deleted**text deleted* me it was the dogs bollox.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Experience suggests you spend between 20 to 30 quid, but not more. Whilst it maybe great to have a super-duper expensive one, the more the cost, the higher the chances of it getting knocked over or dropped- it's called the inverse square or sometimes Murphy's Law.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
or sods law *text deleted* :D

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Decided just to get one when I was out, bought a ten quid one from Argos *text deleted*, there was a 4 quid one too also, I was quite tempted. :eek:

F paying 80 for an Iron *text deleted*, maybe I'll get it in RT when I've got more doe to splash about.

Cheers.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
As long as it isn't a travel iron, it's heavy, gives a good blast of steam & can squirt/spay a water mist, it will be fine.

Taggart91

Reaction score
Irons

Hey lads. Im looking for an iron to buy for RT but in all truth have no idea what makes a good iron.:frown:
Does anyone have any advice on what i should get?
Anny suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks Dave

Nintendouche

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
you want a iron what has steam and can produce a lot of steam and heat, the hotter the better

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'd just go to comet or something like that. I think they recommend one under 50 quid.

ninjamej

Reaction score
i got mine in sainsbury home wear section for 20 reduced from 44.99

am19

Reaction score
Iron's on rt

Do you need 2 buy an iron for rt??

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*....not just any iron....a bloody good iron!

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
you serious... you have to buy you own iron??!!?

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yes you do, the most important thing is steam lads, make sure its a good steam iron.

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Pig ignorant that you have to buy stuff like that, just shows how good equipped we are, jesus.

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
i wonder what a Standard Issue iron would look like...

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget a box of pre ww2 matches to warm the bottom of that iron up. :applaus::applaus:

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Haha I'm using the £4 Argos iron at the moment I think. Bloody *text deleted**text deleted*e, keeps shorting the house electrics if I put too much water in and spews out something like lime scale. Cheapo for uni I guess.